Title Examiner | Iron Crest National Title Agency (Remote) at REX
Iron Crest National Title Agency (A REX Homes Company) has an immediate need for a work remote National Title Examiner to join our rapidly growing team. This person which will be responsible for examining title searches, abstract reports and title evidence to produce title commitments and/or preliminary title reports.
The personal skills needed for this role are working in a collaborative environment; can pay close attention to detail; is systems and process-oriented, has strong analytical and problem solving skills, strong interpersonal communication skills and likes to have fun! We are a company where individuals challenge the idea of what they are capable of both personally and professionally. We create the resources and opportunities that are available for them to realize that vision of themselves.
The Title Examiner's core responsibilities include searching public records, examining titles, generating accurate professional commitments, providing underwriting interpretation and title opinions based on the facts and documentation, assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions and issuing insurance policies. The primary focus initially will be on residential transactions.
- Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
- Research respective titles, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any conjunction to title
- Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers
- Recognize title defects and formulate curative equipments
- Assess risks and liabilities and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter as appropriate
- Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
- Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable
- Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
- Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
- Perform other duties assigned by manager