Training Specialist III
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
We are currently seeking an experienced Training Specialist/Sales Trainer to help drive improved sales productivity for our inside and field Sales Teams. The Sales Trainer will develop and deliver training courses associated with sales methodologies, internal sales operations/processes, and Forcepoint products and services for new hires, existing sales staff, and sales representatives who seek one-on-one assistance.
The Sales Trainer will also provide continuous improvement of learning opportunities for new and current sales professionals to ensure the maximum effectiveness of the company's sales efforts and will work alongside and collaborate across functions. The role collaborates with sales managers, sales operations, product management and product marketing, and other sales enablement resources on initiatives ensuring that learners are prepared to drive new pipeline and bookings. This role is critical to the organization as it promotes the development of our most important asset, our talent.
- Cooperate with global training staff and management to set schedules, training presentations, organize presenters and other training related resources.
- Direct specific sales training needs assessments to support the design, development and delivery of improvements to the sales training programs.
- Deliver and continuously improve sales training programs, as well as ongoing learning opportunities for the company’s new and existing sales professionals in support of organization’s needs.
- Coordinate and deliver high quality instructor led and virtual training sessions.
- Facilitate learning related to professional selling skills, sales operations/process, our technology and total suite of product offerings, in addition to information about our clients and the industry.
- Be able to effectively adapt training materials to sales efforts in multiple geographies and for various cultural considerations.
- Employ a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training events and salesforce.
- Observe and document skill levels and competencies (monitor participant progress during training, administer assessments).
- Present sales training curriculum at forums such as, but not limited to: new hire training classes, new product and service rollouts, meetings/conferences, and as requested.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts on current and upcoming training needs, in order to contribute to the design and maintenance of current and effective training programs.
- Assist sales management in identifying strengths and development needs for each sales professional.
- Work with sales management and HR partners to make recommendations on employment of sales representatives.
- Provide ongoing or additional training to sales professionals struggling or at-risk with meeting their goals based on skill set and/or competency.
Education and Experience:
- Substantial experience in professional sales training, as a Field Trainer, Learning and Development Specialist, Corporate Trainer, Sales Trainer, or a related title, preferably in a Solution Selling sales environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver sales training programs using skills in instructional design, program design & development, and training technologies.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and fundamental skills in the areas of training curriculum design and evaluation.
- High energy, enthusiastic, motivational training style.
- Able to interpret, synthesize, and simplify complex and technical information.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and ability to work autonomously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively facilitate and adjust communication styles to the audience.
- Excellent creative and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Highly computer literate with in-depth knowledge of MS Office, virtual training technology, and web-based learning management systems.
- Professional experience in an individual contributor sales role preferred.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com a plus.
- Open to 25% travel.