Vice President of Customer Success at Cognite
Within Cognite North America, the Customer Success team is responsible for engagement management, customer adoption of our solutions, and growth of Cognite’s impact within our customers’ digital transformation efforts. We consist of people with diverse and high-performance backgrounds, ranging from Management Consulting, to Industry and to Software development. We seek to continuously improve how we work with our clients, how we work together as a team, and how we develop as individuals.What You Will Do
The Vice President of Customer Success is responsible for building and managing a team of top tier customer success and project management professionals that together drive the overall value realization of our customers. Value realization for our customers includes the definition and execution of customer success plans, the achievement of their business goals, and the adoption of our products to drive greater ROI and satisfaction. Externally, the Vice President of Customer Success, will develop long-term relationships with our key customer stakeholders, connecting with key business executives and IT stakeholders, developing an understanding of their business requirements and goals, and how they are using Cognite. Internally, you will be a key member of the Cognite North America Leadership Team. This role will work closely with Sales to ensure the CS team builds a thriving list of customers, while also ensuring that customer projects and product roll outs are properly executed.
The Vice President of Customer Success must be a proven project manager, and people manager. Typical customer engagements require a team consisting of data scientists, solution architects, and domain experts to design, develop, and operationalize digital solutions across various industries. The position will give you a unique opportunity to lead and learn from people with various backgrounds in business, software, and industry. You will have the role of translator and coordinator between the North American customers and Cognite’s R&D and Product Management teams and advise on development priorities. You will also have global responsibility to ensure that the Cognite North America CS team is leveraging the best practices and experience of the headquarters team in Oslo, Norway.Who You Are
- Have 12+ years of experience in customer-facing roles with increasing responsibility in software customer success, project delivery, sales, and/or management consulting
- Experience managing a team of customer success, project management or other related resources. Experience at a high-growth scale-up organizations preferred
- Have a Bachelors in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or similar (Masters/MBA preferred)
- Have experience from industrial digitalization projects or product development of IoT, cloud solutions, or machine learning models
- Have a rich understanding of Agile project management, and the trade offs of other project management philosophies.
- Familiarity with customer success methodologies and practices including (but not limited to) segmentation, customer journey, customer health scoring, etc
- Knowledge of heavy asset industry – oil & gas, power & utilities, or manufacturing is required
- Able to manage complex stakeholder landscapes (customers, end-users, internal resources, partners, etc.)
- Possess strong writing, presentation, and communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars
- Comfortable and confident in running executive system review meetings, engaging with C-level sponsors
- Reliable to work independently, demonstrate objectivity, and exhibit sound reasoning in a dynamic and ambiguous working environment
- Enjoy challenges and dare to set ambitious goals that drive innovation within a fast growing global tech company
- Possess the charisma and energy needed to inspire an inclusive and fun team culture
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices | Katrine Tjølsen, Petter Reistad.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Google awarded Cognite Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year 2019 for Manufacturing and BuiltIn Austin named Cognite 2021 Best Places to Work. We’ve won a lot of awards we’re quite proud of, and we’re backed by Accel, one of the world’s leading venture capital firms.