Vice President of Sales
ActiveProspect is a marketing SaaS company for online lead acquisition, enabling real-time data decisions. The product suite (LeadConduit, TrustedForm and SuppressionList) handles integrations, data verification, data enhancement, and consent documentation for legal compliance (TCPA). ActiveProspect has processed over 1 billion Internet leads for leading brands across a wide range of industries. Founded in 2004, ActiveProspect is headquartered in Austin, TX and continues to be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Builtin Austin.
ActiveProspect is seeking an experienced Vice President of Sales to head up our sales team. We are small, but mighty, growing fast and looking to accelerate that growth by adding a stellar sales leader to our team! Your role will be to expand our enterprise footprint and help us grow our revenue. You should have extensive experience and expertise in selling enterprise software into VP and C-level buyers under a vertical approach.
Successful candidates will be experts at developing champion relationships, telling a complex and powerful value proposition story, and end-to-end pipeline and relationship management including expanding and upselling. You love being a part of a winning team and building on top of successes, but you also know how to get scrappy, think creatively, and get the job done. Does this sound like you? Great, read on!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strategy: In conjunction with the VP of Marketing and Leadership Team, further define the vertical-based sales vision and strategy, and develop and maintain a growth plan to rapidly expand market share while optimizing sales execution.
- Coach: Proactive hands-on management of the sales team’s day-to-day operations to effectively achieve individual and group goals and objectives. Create, document, and continuously refine a repeatable sales process and train sales team accordingly. Make sure process is being followed and solicit feedback from the team as needed.
- Revenue: Increase revenue through client referrals, new markets, new use cases. Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for sales; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new sales clients.
- Solutions-Expert: Understand the business needs of our prospects so that you can show value and recommend product solutions. Ensure prospects are educated about our capabilities.
- Education and Training: Actively share insights from customers, industry articles, conferences etc. with the rest of the company. Direct employees to educational resources (webinars, articles, competitors, etc.)
- Client Success: Work closely with our Client Success team to ensure revenue targets are hit by turning our clients into raving fans. Work with CSMs to ensure consistent process and documents are used for all customer on-boardings to ensure scalability.
- Industry Research: Identify opportunities for and help the Marketing team create case studies of customer experiences. Maintain expertise with lead buyers, lead sellers, and service providers to constantly improve your understanding of the landscape. You will follow industry trade publications.
- Collaboration: Working with our CEO, product and marketing teams, document a sales strategy for the organization to enter and scale in key markets.
- Employee Engagement: Extend a winning culture at ActiveProspect where team members are engaged, challenged to succeed, and rewarded appropriately.
- Maintain Relationships: Build and maintain relationships with key contacts in the industry. You will know who our customers are and maintain relationships with them. Provide partner recommendations to customers and potential customers.
- Spokesperson. You will be an ambassador for the company, our technology and the thought leadership that we are creating in the industry. You will exemplify our core values: Trusted, Innovative, Flexible, Driven & Transparent.
Our must haves:
- 10+ years experience in an enterprise sales role, with 5+ years of sales team management experience.
- Has built enterprise software sales teams in a vertical-based approach.
- Five years of complex enterprise SaaS selling experience.
- Proven track record of building teams under an expansion growth model, preferably scaling from ~$10M to ~$30M in 36 months or less.
- Expert in selling to VP/C-levels at very large organizations.
- Ability to show consistent achievement of enterprise sales quota.
- Experience managing enterprise sales pipeline, forecasting and reporting.
- Strong ability to communicate value propositioning for complex enterprise SaaS technology.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Shows initiative for learning by seeking out answers to daily technical challenges.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Establishes good working relationships with team members.
- Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a small team growing rapidly.
- Strives to help the team succeed, even when it means working outside the job description.
- Above all: you are an entrepreneur at heart, self-motivated, with an insatiable can-do mentality.
- Travel is required.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Austin.
Our nice to haves:
- Experience in email marketing and online lead generation space.
- Experience with raising $10M+ in private funding.
- Experience with International expansion
Benefits and Perks
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Company subsidized health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Fun office environment with premium coffee, snacks, some lunches, and kegerator provided.
ActiveProspect is an Equal Opportunity Employer