Industry analysts predict that within 10 years, 4 out of 5 decisions will be machine assisted. Currently, only 1% of data is even being accessed, let alone leveraged to make machine assisted decisions. As the adoption of advanced analytics, machine learning, IoT and artificial intelligence continues to accelerate, data availability will be the primordial ingredient required for implementations to be successful at scale.
In enterprises, we have reached a tipping point in data access where the effort involved by IT in making data accessible is far exceeding the value the business can create with the data. Business analysts and data scientists who are tasked with extracting value from data are simply wanting to make real-time decisions, glean insights instantly, and monetize information, however the volume, complexity, and exponential growth of data has led to an environment where we are making decisions on only a fraction of the data and where it takes 4-6 weeks and millions of dollars to fulfill even a simple data request.
Molecula is a Cloud Data Access platform that modernizes how organizations simplify, accelerate, and improves control over their large, fragmented and geographically disparate big data to optimize for the era of Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, and the Internet of Things. Molecula’s unique ability to deconstruct data into highly compressed representations allows enterprises to securely access and query data at unprecedented speeds (at least 1000x) and with a fraction of the hardware (10x-100x reduction), ushering in an entirely new paradigm for continuous, real-time data analysis.
We are a cohesive team determined to bring about a complete transformation in the way enterprises advance through data at the speed of thought. We wake up every day excited to fulfill our mission to unlock human potential through the power of data.
Molecula is looking for a Vice President of Sales responsible for the end to end Mid-Market and Enterprise selling motion including: pipeline generation and sales generated leads, sales qualified opportunities, technical validation/PoC motion, deal negotiation and closing, renewals and expansion, etc... As the sales leader, you will work closely with marketing to drive demand generation, sales enablement and aligned positioning and messaging. You will work closely with the product team to communicate product requirements/customer requests to influence roadmap direction. You will also work closely with customer success to ensure a white glove end to end customer experience. We are looking for people who are excellent at creating, managing and over-achieving sales forecasts, maintaining metrics/KPIs and able to adjust as needed to achieve success. We are looking for people who are passionate about changing the world through the power of data and create a sales organization that scales as the business scales.
- Create pipeline generation engine across the sales team
- Define target market and qualification criteria process with marketing/strategy team
- Create and manage to a quarterly sales forecast and adjust actions as needed to make and exceed quarterly sales
- Regularly communicate quarterly sales forecast, strategy, and practices to Senior Leadership Team, the broader team, board members, and advisors
- Work with marketing to fine tune demand generation campaigns, messaging and enablement needs
- Committed to understanding the market and competitive landscape
- Process to communicate requested new product requirements from customers and prospects
- Partner with customer success to ensure customer are delighted from sales to PoC to production to renewal
- Understand, work toward and maintain product market fit
- 7-10 years experience selling Enterprise software to Mid-Market and/or Enterprise businesses (100m in revenue or above) ideally in the big data or analytics domain
- 7-10 years experience selling to a combination of IT/CIO/CTO and the business
- Excellent solutions oriented seller, communicator, storyteller, presenter, ‘white border,’ and listener in front of c-level execs, technical executives and data engineers
- Intense, strong disciplined, self-motivated - to execute well in a fast paced startup environment and to a quarterly quota
- Passionate about customer success - active teaming (sugg: collaboration) with the extended team
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quota in SaaS and on premise solutions
- Proven ability to negotiate complex commercial contracts and maintain competitive pricing
- Proven commercial success in working with executives, VP and ‘C’ level
- Ability to think strategically, out of the box and make complex decisions
- Experience building a sales teams and a repeatable selling motion
- Extensive experience with Salesforce
- Experience managing BDRs and inside sales teams
It's a plus if you have...
- Experience with Hubspot for managing email distribution
- Worked with open source software
- Past technical experience or technical degree
- MBA and/or Engineering credentials
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.