Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
We’re looking for an experienced sales executive with a proven track record of growing high performance sales teams that deliver results based upon superior sales execution. You have a track record of not only crafting sales plans that mirror the company’s vision and expectations, but you have experience providing new ideas to help drive revenue and expand our footprint. The right candidate will be an experienced, data driven SaaS leader in a supply chain/TMS industry who can lead, scale and manage teams that sell a range of solutions in a large, successful and rapidly growing organization. You thrive on operational excellence, mentoring team members, building relationships, and are laser focused on preventing churn. To excel in this role, you must have a strong background and track record of collaboration, accountability, ownership and operational excellenceWhat you’ll do when you get here:
- Align the sales organization’s objectives with business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning.
- Uphold all sales processes and workflows; structure will be your middle name
- Provides direct, hands on leadership to the sales management team, fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Collaborate with customers success to help drive adoption and minimize customer churn; you will care about the entire client lifecycle.
- Meet or exceed budgeted MRR, bookings, and pipeline performance goals.
- Create a high performance environment where our teams are empowered to sell the right solutions to the right customers and accountable to hitting the targets.
- Develop a team that values superior sales execution as a core tenant.
- Hire, train, develop and manage top talent in a way that consistently achieves MRR and bookings targets but does so in a way that aligns with the broader Shipwell culture.
- Enhance and evolve sales management processes to optimize both for SMB and Enterprise sales team execution.
- Manage consistent pipeline and forecasting, and report regularly to company leadership.
- Provide oversight to sales management, ensuring the process, reporting and structure exists to reduce roadblocks and make it easier to sell, manage resources and monitor results. You are comfortable in the weeds as well as thinking big picture.
- Actively collaborate with Marketing on go-to-market strategy, messaging, collateral and demand generation.
- Partner with Product Management and development teams to relay customer feedback in order to build and evolve Shipwell products in a way that meets the market needs and delights our customers.
- Be a partner on the leadership team, refining and executing against the company's vision and strategy; while sales is your domain, we expect you to think bigger.
- Partner with finance, product management and product marketing on pricing strategies and business models to achieve revenue goals.
- Partner with finance and People Operations to ensure commission plans reward top talent and support the revenue and profitability strategies.
- Execute a high velocity of sales transactions while concurrently being able to identify enterprise opportunities and provide C-Suite level presentations.
- Effectively engage in fostering strong relationships with our current and prospective customers.
- Works with business development leadership to leverage partner network
- 10+ years in a high growth SaaS management experience; supply chain and TMS experience a must
- Have built and led a high-performing SaaS sales teams that delivered consistent overachievement with ideally an annual quota of $40-60M
- 5+ years building, scaling and managing SaaS teams A track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics
- A can-do attitude that enjoys building, testing, improving
- Customer obsession
- Ability to think critically with strong bias to execute
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable strategizing and consulting with C-level executives; references are great
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers.
- Demonstrated people leader managing teams of 100+ employees in a distributed environment
- Strong understanding of the competitive landscape and ecosystem
- Experience calling on major accounts and national accounts selling complex solutions. Experience with building Salesforce automation
- Proficient at Excel, Sales Force, Google Suite, Tableau, or Looker
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc