VP of Channel Sales - Atmosphere
The Vice President, Channel Sales for Atmosphere will be responsible for building out and managing a national distribution network for Atmosphere TV, a leading digital out of home ambient TV marketplace. This role will oversee all aspects of distribution including sales, operations, account management, fulfillment and customer service. Responsible for hiring, leading, and equipping sales and account management teams this individual will manage teams targeting businesses of all sizes, across many verticals across the United States including, bars & restaurants, gyms & health clubs, medical offices, hotels, airlines, casinos, cruise lines and more.
The distribution channels this role will be responsible for are Enterprise Sales, SMB Sales, Inside Sales, Affiliate Sales and Customer Service.
This position will be responsible for the go-to-market strategy for the Atmosphere content platform / digital signage software, including evolving the value proposition, marketing, pricing, competitive positioning, and industry education. This will also include leading and optimizing the support operations of Atmosphere TV by coordinating sales and fulfillment efforts across all channel sales divisions, sales operations and customer success, including the establishment of operational swim lanes, best practices, internal hand offs, fulfillment, and customer retention. The Vice President, Channel Sales will be tasked with driving high growth and increasing operational consistency in a dynamic environment.
This job is high pressure with a ton of expectations so the meek may not apply. We’re looking for someone with a killer instinct to train a multitude of sales people with a follow-me-into-battle mentality. Sideline coaches are not welcome.
- Drive distribution of the Atmosphere network by accelerating installs across a national footprint of independent and enterprise business customers.
- Drive subscription revenue for Atmosphere Digital Signage software by clearly articulating and proving the value of the product to Atmosphere distribution partners.
- Understand and analyze the broader market opportunity and value proposition to strategically develop pricing models for Atmosphere TV digital signage software to enhance profitability while maintaining high growth.
- Develop a high impact, high ownership sales and support organization that is best in class. Build out the channel sales team by hiring team leads and individual contributors for national enterprise sales, field sales, inside sales, customer success, sales operations, and business development.
- Partner with Finance and Accounting to design and implement a CRM process that captures all activity from outbound sales efforts through fulfillment and ongoing customer retention efforts, and to power sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Work closely with the executive team to define the optimal KPIs and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Align reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Partner with the marketing team to develop a lead generation strategy and marketing funnel to drive inbound leads and sales conversions.
- Develop an enterprise distribution strategy for businesses with over 200 locations, including advertising revenue share strategies, co-marketing agreements, etc.
- Own customer success including timely and efficient fulfillment, customer retention, and the reduction of costs associated with unactivated devices.
- Obtain market feedback and structure insights to keep company and executive team close to emerging market dynamics and inform product and marketing strategy and competitive positioning.
- Develop best in class sales infrastructure including market research, sales collateral, marketing materials, public relations air cover that builds brand awareness, and sales and product positioning.
- Partner with the executive team to build the Atmosphere brand that is distinct from Chive Media Group but leverages the strong content foundations and positive market association of Chive.
- Kickoff an affiliate program to tap college campuses.
- Inherit a team of 13 people and build it into over 30 within a year.
- Degree from a 4-year university.
- Master Degree Preferred.
- A business acumen with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary.
- Discretionary employee option pool participation.
- Competitive insurance plans.
- Company 401(k) match.
- Open vacation policy.
- Dynamic work environment.