VP, Sales Growth
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Position Title: Vice President, Growth Reports to: Senior Vice President, World-Wide Field Operations
The Sales Vice President of Growth is responsible for the performance of five High Velocity sales teams throughout the North America and EMEA regions. This role will have 5 direct reports who together manage a team of 35 Sales Representatives. This Sales Vice President will be assigned a revenue goal; responsible for closing business, customer success and go to market planning for the High Velocity/ fast sales cycle market segment. This market segment is defined by its annual revenues which are below $5b and typically in the $0.5b - $1.5b range with a purchasing bias toward SaaS/Cloud based products.
We are currently looking for a high-energy, driven Sales Vice President with knowledge of technology and solid business-to-business sales management and account management experience. Ping Identity offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be empowered to lead a team of motivated sellers. Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious employees, committed to our mission and focused on winning, but able to balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle.
- Day-to-day leadership, including coaching and managing a team of first-line Sales Managers and 35 quota carrying Sales Representatives; defining the path to scale team to 50 personnel over the near term
- Complete ownership of pipeline development, management and forecasting for the Growth Sales Team
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow the business and hit account acquisition targets
- Advise Sales Managers and Sales Representatives when navigating legal negotiations
- Collaborate with marketing, legal, sales ops, and regional sales teams to optimize performance
- Participate in the development and execution of account strategies
- Hire team and ensure on-boarding, training and professional development plans are in place to drive high employee achievement and loyalty
- Maintain appropriate reporting systems to participate in meetings and business reviews
- 10+ years of experience in field sales management, preferably in related identity security technology
- Metrics orientation – exceptional metric development skills including measurement and optimization and experience managing team to agreed upon targets
- A very goal oriented mindset and the ability to set, track and obtain goals
- Legal acumen
- Identity Access Management (IAM) experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and writing proficiency
- Able to conceive, initiate, and sell new ideas in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with technical and sales communities with credibility
- Strong internal/external presentation skills
- Demonstrates creative energy in message delivery
- Self-motivated, driven and passionate about selling