VP of Sales at Social Solutions
As the Vice President of Sales, you are responsible for the strategy and execution of achieving the company's revenue and growth goals. You will have direct oversight of revenue-generating functions, including Enterprise, Inside Sales, and Account Management for your region. The VP will serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to our Chief Growth Officer.
What You'll Do
Strong Leadership & Accountability
- Ownership and accountability for all revenue targets and sales projections on a regional basis. Ensure sales and business development strategies are capable of exceeding aggressive revenue targets and projections.
- Hire, develop, and retain a strong team of players and build a culture of execution and accountability.
- Influence cross-functional, whole company strategy and culture (i.e. product, funder strategy, ops) to accelerate profitable growth and market consolidation.
- Drive go-to-market scaling based on modern industry-best performance measures to fuel high growth + high-margin business.
Accelerate Acquisition, Client Growth, Create a Predictable Sales Engine
- Define opportunity segmentation and laser-target ideal prospects / named client accounts, and current client whitespace.
- Develop and refine a compelling, client focused, and differentiating value proposition based on market needs.
- Increase selling efficiency by optimizing sales motions and alignment to sales methodology/framework.
- Build a productive sales team that provides value to customers and prospects while achieving highly consistent and accurate forecasts, comprised of highly recurring revenue and long-term customer contracts.
- Hire effective sellers into the optimal organizational structure and train them to achieve their potential.
- Create a culture of high sales performance, utilizing compensation and budgets to motivate high value selling.
- Build and execute process and tools necessary to scale the revenue engine.
- Metrics owned: Dials, apt set, discovery calls, demos; qualified pipeline; win rate; ensuring enough ramped sellers to achieve plan; % reps achieving quota; predictable and consistent forecast accuracy (+/- 5%).
Create & Reinforce Culture and Talent Development
- Exemplar and catalyzing leader of company culture and values.
- Consistent experience building high-performing teams.
- Ability to create an infrastructure to challenge and develop talent over time.
- Create a system of recognition and rewards based on performance.
- Maintain a culture of constant coaching/ development and internal improvement.
- Identification of "team fit" and managing out those that are not aligned.
- Metris Owned: eNPS, attrition, % of reps over 100% attainment.
Collaborate Effectively with Stakeholders
- Communicate go-to-market and revenue growth and retention strategies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work well with our primary private equity owner, Vista Equity Partners, embracing and adding to library of best practices and contributing to Vista's strong community of companies and leaders.
- Serve as a catalytic leader across functions of the company, enriching decisions and strategies related to product strategy, financial strategy, M&A strategy.
- Strong track record of leading and growing a SaaS sales organization who consistently achieved targets, with emphasis on recurring revenue.
- Scaled an organization to at least $200M revenue and 30+ sellers. 15+ years' experience desired and at least 10 years of senior sales leadership.
- Extensive enterprise sales experience highly preferred.
- Experience selling to public sector directly and via channel a plus.
- Experience in multi-channel selling motions (direct and channel) a plus.
- Experience in client-inspired organizations a plus.
Competencies & Attributes of a Vista Company Leader
- Fueled by a strong desire to achieve, with a proactive mindset that brings clarity and energy.
- Combines disciplined execution that delivers a predictable engine with strategic thinking able to create cross-functional alignment.
- Learn-it-all vs know-it-all with strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices and build a "learning" culture.
- Combines competitiveness with empathy.
- Strong mentor and coach.
- Exceptional communication skills, evidenced by successful executive level interactions, strong writing and outstanding presentation experience, facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to lead through change and transformation with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Leader must live in Austin, TX and be willing to travel 30-50% of the time. Leader must have a passion for purpose and mission of the company.
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.