Senior Analytics Strategist
Spredfast is looking for a Senior Analytics Strategist to join our fast-growing Social Strategy Team. The Strategy Team’s mission is to drive revenue growth and improve customer retention through strategic client engagements that showcase the platform’s capabilities and help customers connect with the people they care about most.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent domain knowledge of social/digital marketing, is highly analytical and enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Sr. Analytics Strategist will work directly with customers to define the scope of analytics projects, establish work plans, and ensure deliverables adhere to financial objectives. Primary responsibilities include managing and executing analyses to evaluate social content performance, identifying notable trends and insights in the social landscape and uncovering opportunities to improve social marketing performance. He/she will also have passion for advancing Spredfast’s data-driven capabilities with a strong understanding of best practices and emerging trends in social media analytics. This role will also assist with the development of research-backed social media marketing playbooks, establish channel-specific KPIs for measurement programs and execute paid social media optimization analyses.
In addition to executing analyses, the Senior Analytics Strategist will be responsible for providing team leadership through coaching, developing and mentoring junior staff.
This role will report to a Director and work closely with the sales and professional services teams to enable world-class social media measurement and reporting for Spredfast customers.
- Provide strategic counsel to customers, applying the appropriate methodologies and tools to inform specific business challenges;
- Counsel customers on establishing goals and translating marketing objectives into social media measurement frameworks;
- Develop and Manage scopes and budgets for analytics projects
- Analyze trends and innovations in social media measurement models and tools;
- Collect, analyze and interpret both organic and paid social media data to generate reports that provide clear insights and actionable recommendations;
- Develop succinct reports that convey complex concepts and findings in a digestible format for non-technical audiences
- Provides guidance to junior staff on day-to-day project management
- Gather and analyze information from multiple data sources, ensuring data is reliable, using technical expertise and tools to uncover insights, statistics and trends;
- Inform the roadmap of Spredfast products that facilitate measuring performance and impact, and be an internal champion for analytics and paid media optimization at Spredfast;
- Facilitate the productization of Strategic Analytics Services at Spredfast;
- Serve as a research and analytics Subject Matter Expert in customer meetings and at external events.
- At least 7-10 years experience in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or statistics;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Agency background preferred
- Ability to turn data and analysis into insights and recommendations that can be leveraged in marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Experience with managing direct reports, mentoring and developing junior talent
- Detailed understanding of Boolean query construction and experience with Social Listening Tools (Sysomos, Brandwatch, Synthesio, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, etc.)
- Experience with native social media analytics platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and more;
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing measurement reporting and optimizing of paid media campaigns on behalf of a brand or media company;
- Experience with development of custom reporting or dashboard solutions leveraging social media APIs preferred
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Track record of managing day-to-day project operations including: project status updates, support on proposal development, project management, resource planning, etc.
- Work efficiently, are dependable and have an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage tasks with varying degrees of ambiguity;
- Experience with advanced paid media measurement, media planning and media mix modeling a plus
- Strong grasp of paid offerings on major social networks, including ad units, objectives, targeting and campaign best practices a plus
- Experience with analytics tools or related programming languages (e.g. Tableau, R, Python, etc.) a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis software a plus (e.g., R, SAS, etc.)
- Moderate travel will be required.
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.