Senior Sales Trainer
WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
In this role, you will lead monthly onboarding training classes for newly hired Sales Representatives and deliver continuing education for more advanced Sales Representatives. These trainings include not only sales process and skill training, but also place a strong focus on our technical platform; it goes beyond system training and delves into the workings of our platform and server stack. Between trainings, you will build training content and provide individual coaching to Sales Managers and team members. You will be an integral part of our team of impassioned, creative, and fun-loving learning and development professionals, making a difference in the lives of our employees.
THE DAY TO DAY
- Conduct a learning needs analysis to understand differences in learning needs across SMB and enterprise sales roles; create a strategy to support ongoing learning needs.
- Facilitate classroom training including: Sales Representative New Hire Onboarding, continuing education sales training, sales processes, technical training, and update training sessions.
- Organize semi-annual sessions with external training experts for more advanced topics.
- Work with Sales leadership, Product Marketing, and Sales Engineering departments to determine appropriate training and measure progress.
- Support new product launches by delivering associated training and managing role play deliveries and panel assessment process.
- Own the creation of training materials including; training documents, presentations, activities, knowledge base articles, knowledge assessments, job-aids, and e-learning courses.
- Work with sales management to identify performance gaps and provide viable solutions.
- Visit with managers and employees and observe work to accurately determine effectiveness of training programs.
- Provide coaching to sales managers to ensure reinforcement of training concepts over time.
- Align training objectives, content and assessments with business goals.
- Solicit and review feedback from participants and key stakeholders.
- Communicate with all levels of employees and executives on sales training projects and initiatives.
- Implement improvements in accordance with feedback from Director of Learning and Development and other key stakeholders.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- A deep love of learning, educating, and a commitment to service is a must
- Quota bearing sales experience (ideally SMB and Enterprise)
- Experience in training a specific sales methodology
- 4 years sales and/or sales training experience
- Strong knowledge of SaaS, PaaS and website hosting
- Previous experience with WordPress and LAMP Stacks and NGINX is a plus
- An understanding of educational development methodologies and best practices, such as ADDIE, SAM, and Kirkpatrick
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over-achievement
- Work effectively with little supervision
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role
- Team-oriented, collaborative and strong interpersonal relationship skills at all levels
- Strong project management experience, working with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally (written/verbal) with both internal and external audiences
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office suite and Google Applications
- Strong desire and flexibility to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, result-oriented culture
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount