As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Special Projects Lead that will be responsible for working closely with leadership to evaluate, plan, execute and measure strategic business objectives. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has proven project management skills in fast-scaling startup environments. You love taking on complex operational challenges that span multiple domains org-wide and breaking them apart into bite-sized executional work-streams. You are driven by the need to align stakeholders around a shared project vision and you have a bias to action for execution. You work effectively in a cross-functional environment and are comfortable facilitating technical and business stakeholder conversations. You have strong business judgement and can think creatively about new opportunities and solutions.
Why Join us? Our Strategy & Planning team at Workrise is a fast-paced team that encourages end-to-end ownership and innovation and creates the standard of excellence for the rest of the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own and facilitate the biggest and most strategic priorities and projects: unpack broad, cross-functional initiatives into specific work streams, help teams define the scope, deliverables, and schedules, and drive accountability and results across multiple teams and various stakeholders to success
- Create, revise and maintain project and resource plans (including defining scope, deliverables, and ROI for each project)
- Complete standard project communications such as blockers logs, risk mitigation alternatives, and implementation plans
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership with internal stakeholders & involve the right stakeholders needed to resolve blockers quickly
- Proactively highlight cross-functional gaps and identify strategic initiatives to execute
What you should have:
- 3+ years' experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, and/or experience in a Business Operations, Internal Strategy or cross-functional operational role at a technology company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated unwavering ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in a challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Skilled in leading gap assessments and executing on operational optimization; passion for process improvement with an approach that encourages innovation, elimination of waste, and efficiency improvements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to Senior Management
- Demonstrated excellence in influencing and managing change across a distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain complex business processes, systems, and tools with a specific focus on upstream/downstream impact
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions to gather requirements
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.