Sr Software Engineer
BlackLocus is building cloud-based analytic tools to optimize and automate pricing, assortment and product info. By applying machine learning and revenue management techniques, the BlackLocus platform enables intelligent retail software to identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
The company was a venture-funded startup, founded by Carnegie Mellon alumni and entrepreneurs with a passion for creative deployment of new technology. Acquired by The Home Depot in December of 2012, we operate with autonomy as a product lab from an office located in downtown Austin, TX.
Local candidates only, please.
- Write clean, maintainable, high-quality code.
- Collaborate to establish best practices across our development projects.
- Help take new products from prototype to deployment.
- Solve problems with production systems and automate operations and testing as much as possible.
- Stay current with advancements in technology and advocate for the appropriate use of those advancements in our own stack.
- You are a respected senior-level coder, and enjoy working in any language appropriate to the problem.
- You're happy to collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Your ability to communicate with peers is on par with your technical skill.
- You can explain the difference between all those crazy join statements SQL uses.
- You realize that the ideal first release of a product is one that may not include all the features the business wants, but works better than the audience expects.
- You have had to deal with some of the quirks of ElasticSearch.
- You have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis. BS in CS, or equivalent experience and self-education.
- You care deeply about the details while keeping the big picture in mind.
- You enjoy developing creative solutions to challenging problems in a self-directed, lean environment.
- You have interesting projects in your public GitHub.