Vice President Information Technology
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting career opportunity to lead strategy development and execution of our technology infrastructure and applications. Our ideal candidate must be business-minded and technologically savvy with a passion for working in a collaborative environment.
• Develop and implement a plan to support Executive and Board vision, including costs and deliverables, strategy, roadmap and supporting infrastructure. Plan should profitably support global retail expansion and growth to a $1b organization over the next 3-5 years. Communicate plan, progress and risks across company on a consistent basis.
• Lead technology team in assessing and addressing business needs to create efficiencies and ROI through innovative technology across the organization.
• Develop and execute on targets for application ROI, network availability, connection efficiency, ticket response time, server capacity/efficiency, system usability & effectiveness, adoption rates.
• Responsible for innovating and maintaining superior technology systems across all areas of the organization to enhance productivity, achieve business goals and deliver world class customer service.
• Close collaboration with Executive Management and business leaders to execute objectives through IT strategies, and hands on leadership of teams to ensure goals are achieved.
• Collaborate and facilitate with Executive team and functional area leaders to extract needs and convert into a pipeline of technology solutions.
• Serve as the thought leader in supporting business goals with innovative technology and create an unmatched experience for internal and external users of Kendra Scott systems.
• Lead team responsible for technology systems including software applications, hardware, VoIP, networks, servers, and security to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of all components.
• Consistently focus on team development, while assessing strengths and opportunities to determine the ideal mix of internal and external resources.
• Partner with business leaders across the organization to regularly assess software and system needs and help identify solutions, costs and ROI opportunities.
• Partner with Executive Team to prioritize and implement all projects related to software/hardware improvements, integration and development.
• Manage relationships with software and hardware vendors to ensure thorough understanding of needs and to optimize response times.
• Oversee team responsible for all technology infrastructure and connectivity for retail stores including new store set up, daily connectivity, hardware and software improvements, daily maintenance, operations of mPOS systems and security systems.
• Oversee team responsible for all internal helpdesk activity including employee onboarding and off-boarding, daily connectivity, email access, network access, shared file documents and security/access technology.
• Responsible for purchase, inventory, licensing and allocation of all company hardware, software, printers, copiers, scanners, telephones, etc.
• Responsible for measuring and reporting on helpdesk metrics including positive customer feedback. Responsible for measuring and reporting on systems efficiency, productivity and expense.
• Ensure appropriate project management and resources to meet agreed upon timelines and regular communication on projects in progress.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
• Proven ability to balance business results with the core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy.
• Leadership experience with the ability to properly influence people, processes and technology in a manner that enriches company culture.
• Strong understanding of the Kendra Scott customer with a passion for a customer focused approach to all decisions.
• 15+ years combined experience leading an IT team with proven performance (revenue and or cost savings) contributions.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in change management as well as a proven track record of building a successful technology team in a complex, multi-channel retail environment.
• Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results and drawing conclusions.
• International business experience and development of international technology functionality.
• Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to grasp the business model and strategic plans of the organization.
• The ability to identify and evaluate problem areas and implement effective solutions.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage and influence technology in a large organization.
• Ability to quickly assess and analyze existing systems and make recommendations for cost effective and productive improvements.
• Ability to communicate across, up and down to facilitate communication and requirements between executive team and development team.