Director, Intellectual Property Counsel
6 days ago
• Manage all intellectual property-related matters, including copyright, trademark, patent, rights of publicity, marketing, and brand enforcement.
• Manage global trademark, copyright and patent portfolios, including coordination with outside counsel and involvement in all trademark oppositions, cancellations, and portfolio maintenance; copyright filings, review watch notices, and gather and prepare evidence for office actions, fame proceedings, and other trademark matters.
• Conduct trademark clearance and research on a variety of intellectual property issues such as product or marketing.
• Manage all intellectual property-related litigation, including coordination with outside counsel, evidence collection and assistance with discovery.
• Manage day-to-day logistics of US brand enforcement program, including identifying targets, collecting evidence, drafting cease and desist letters, and assisting with settlement negotiations.
• Manage external brand protection vendor and any private investigators engaged in the ongoing monitoring and enforcement for counterfeits. Partner with US law enforcement and Customs officials as needed.
• Manage intellectual property and brand protection budget.
• Manage special projects as needed, providing research, reporting, advice and such other tasks as required in support of such special projects.