3rd Fastest Growing Small Company in Central Texas, proudly wearing the recently awarded "Best Places to Work in Austin" for 2016 title belt!
We're on the hunt for a smart, intuitive, data-driven, creative, passionate, and FUN problem solver to join our team as a Senior Digital Strategist (or in Clearhead talk: Senior Optimization Director).
You love the idea of working at a young, fast growing, fast paced company (family) that doesn’t have all the answers yet, but is working on figuring them out each day.
You love the idea of spending time gathering and employing data to make product decisions. You hate the old way of doing things: making product roadmap decisions based on gut, debating colors and copy and whether something looks “clean”, chasing the latest trends and buzzwords, and spending millions on massive redesigns that fail to deliver on expectations.
You are ready for a new way of doing things. A way inspired by the ideas of the “Lean Startup” and immersed in experimentation, data and measurement.
Our Senior Optimization Director is responsible for overall Client success, which means ensuring they get a return on their investment in Clearhead. More specifically, the Sr. Optimization Director will oversee Client engagements by:
- Leading the ideation, prioritization, road-mapping, design, and approval process for all hypothesis tests
- Leading the data story telling, insights, and recommendations for all results collected from each hypothesis test
- Doing both of these within budget and as lean as is viable
This position will report directly to the Head of Engagements
- Research, develop, prioritize, and pitch winning hypotheses for improving the digital businesses of Clearhead’s world class Clients
- Collaborate with team of graphic and user experience designers to create solutions that will successfully validate the hypotheses we pitch when measured in an A/B experiment
- Oversee the planning for and approval of the implementation of each experiment set-up for hypothesis validation
- Once the data sample is collected from the experiment, oversee the reporting, insights, recommendations and data storytelling process for each experiment
- Lead the presentation of the data-story and actionable recommendations to the Client and secure their confidence in the outcome
- Ensure the Client’s testing pipeline is always full of winning to hypotheses to validate
- Ensure Clearhead’s family of talented developers, designers, analysts, and project managers are always fully utilized validating the full pipeline of approved hypotheses
- Evangelize program success and ensure the Client is satisfied with the value Clearhead is delivering
Your Success Metrics
- Test Win/Loss Rates
- Clearhead Resource Utilization Rates
- ROI on client engagements
- Client Renewal Rates
- Have a passion for solving problems and making consumers experiences better
- Have 5+ years of professional experience working in digital product management, user experience design or similar roles on consumer facing web products
- Deeply understand digital business metrics and can explain not just "what happened" but "why it happened"
- Fancy yourself a good story teller
- Have created and managed digital product roadmaps full of successfully executed, investment returning ideas
- Have been involved with digital product roadmaps full of NOT so successful ideas and have the battle scars to prove it
- Are well versed in digital analytics and know how to measure and read the performance of digitally focused businesses
- Communicator Extraordinaire. Intuitive, adaptable, and collaborative communication and interpersonal ability. You demonstrate stellar stakeholder management & executive presentation skills.
- Live in Austin, TX or are willing to let us relocate you (it’s beautiful here)
- Have conducted A/B tests using Optimizely, Monetate, and/or Adobe Target
- Have experience with one or more web analytics platforms (ex: Google Analytics, Adobe Sitecatalyst, IBM Coremetrics, Kissmetrics or Webtrends)
- Know your way around Keynote
- Have read the “The Lean Startup”
- Love live music and / or office-dogs and / or craft beer AND most certainly well designed products
- Eager to be part of a team that lives their values
To be Clearhead is to be...
Curious. We value sincere interest in what makes things tick -- people, businesses, products & designs. We want to understand the what and the why of every problem we solve.
Open. We value transparency with our employees, our clients and our partners. We want to invite you all into this experiment.
Confident. We trust that our recommendations are likely to succeed on the basis of data. We are not afraid to disrupt, change or fail fast in pursuit of greatness.
Appreciative. We value our time together - the work and the play - with the co-workers, partners & clients we admire and enjoy.
Balanced. We endeavor to find that magical intersection at the corners of inspiration & pragmatism; design & data; work, play & family; urgency & patience; and innovation & evidence.
We help daring brands optimize their business outcomes through continuous testing & personalization. Every idea, every product, every experience -- driven by data. Imagine that. That’s Clearhead.
Headquartered in Austin, TX, Clearhead was founded in 2012 by former ecommerce executives obsessed with the intersection of design, analytics and product innovation. Today, we provide user experience design, product development, analytics and strategic consulting solutions grounded in pioneering testing and personalization expertise. Our diverse roster of clients includes Adidas, CVS, Express, Patagonia, Tesco, Tory Burch, Ulta, Vitamix and Whole Foods.
The 3rd fastest growing small company in Austin and one of the "Best Places to Work" in the city for 2016, we got here by inviting the smartest and most creative people to join our team. We employ a thoughtful process with decades of operational experience in digital business and analytics to help our clients make data informed decisions on how to accelerate their digital businesses. With an emphasis on simplicity of process, elegance of information design, and application of lean startup principles, we teach the largest brands worldwide how to be innovative and data driven at the same time.