Social Solutions is on a mission to transform the role that technology and data can play in advancing the mission of the social good landscape, and we are looking for a strategic and passionate leader who will be responsible for translating our company and product stories into compelling narratives that engage and inspire our key audiences. This role will be responsible for content and communications planning and execution to grow our awareness, engagement, adoption, loyalty and demand. The successful candidate will design and manage a plan to execute and deliver high quality communications outcomes across owned, earned, shared, and paid media channels. This role reports directly to the Head of Marketing and is based in Austin, TX.
What You'll Do
- Establish and execute against a strategic communications plan / editorial calendar that delivers high impact media moments that tell Social Solutions story in the right way, to the right audience at the right time
- Lead our PR function to ensure proactive pitching, reactive handling and active monitoring of media to ensure that our messages are advancing while protecting and growing our reputation
- Build and manage a high performing communications team that can execute on developing and executing communications and content strategies and plans across our core audiences
- Develop internal and external-focused materials including communication/content strategy, case studies, white papers, leadership talking points, and presentations
- Develop and execute strategy to secure targeted speaking engagements, industry appearances, podcasts, etc. for key company leaders
- Own Social Solutions social media program with a focus on growing brand awareness and credibility
- Build measurability into programs and gather insights to continuously improve programs that drive awareness and share of voice
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders on communications approach, messaging and positioning, and influence internal stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are compelling and aligned to the needs of the business goals
- 8-10 years of communications experience – in house or agency, journalism or elsewhere (3+ years of experience with B2B SaaS or technology is preferred)
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans – successful candidate should be able to demonstrate proven outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan
- Genuine communications savvy – a strong understanding of media relations, solid copywriting and editing skills, and a strong acumen and experience with digital communications
- Excellent presentation/advisory skills – clear, concise thinking and ability to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders on communications strategy
- Strong project management skills – must be able to organize work in a methodical and rigorous manner; comfortable in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable talking to the market, gathering data and translating that into actionable insights
- Demonstrated ability to develop trust and credibility with a sales organization
- Understanding of how software is ideated, developed, sold, and supported
- Demonstrated capability to research/understand a market and its priorities, challenges, opportunities, drivers and influencers
- A strong self-starter who is willing to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- A track-record of pioneering strategies and techniques for communicating news and information to audiences in ways that inspire, inform, and engage
- Familiarity with SEO best practices to improve our search engine rankings and drive organic web traffic
- Ability to define key metrics and goals related to both functional and project level progress and success
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do even more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.