FloSports is looking to bring on a Content Creator for FloMarching who is dedicated to our mission of providing marching fans the experience they deserve.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes the marching activity and has professional content creation experience and is able to bring their innovative and impactful story ideas to life through written and video content.
They know the style of content the community will love and can execute consistently. The ability to effectively multitask, hit deadlines, and engage our audience with engaging content is required.
We want candidates who not only know what fans want, but have a vision for how content can help make the sport bigger and better.
- Create impactful and high-quality web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- You'll travel around the world to create amazing coverage of live events. You'll interview the staff and performers, write compelling recaps and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- You will work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up with content strategies that will grow and engage the community and constantly improve by eliciting and listening to feedback from your audience. You will be capable of handling multiple content projects at once because you're a multi-tasking machine. You can be relied on.
- You'll be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in cheer and dance to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- Turn your unique ideas into original content by tapping into internal resources, including a team of professional video shooters and editors.
- You will work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up with content strategies that will grow and engage the community and constantly improve by eliciting and listening to feedback from your audience.
- Cover live events and travel to gather in-person content with top personalities in the sport—facilitate interviews, capture behind-the-scenes moments, and gather footage to tell stories.
- Host entertaining, informational video segments that may include remote and in-person interviews, shows and vlogs.
- You'll make sure the content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
- Use a proprietary digital content management system to publish and feature relevant, timely, compelling content.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of marching arts
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college
- Strong connections with key figures (athletes, coaches, etc.) within the community
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Experience with brainstorming and executing a variety of video content concepts
- Familiarity with HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office
- Experience in working with content management systems (CMS)
- Mastery of AP Style
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid)
WHO WE ARE:
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans deserve! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love. We stream more than 10,000 of live events per year, spanning from youth to professional competitions, produce original video programming and studio shows, and provide authentic content and coverage across more than 20 sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track & field, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment