Do you LOVE track & field and cross country? Do you eat, sleep, and breathe running? Then we want you!
MileSplit, the leading scholastic track network in the country, is looking for a Content Producer to join our coverage team. The web producer is an ideas generator, and all-around track expert who is capable of producing engaging content that resonates with athletes, coaches and fans of high school track & field and cross country.
The ideal candidate will be able to produce news articles, features, interviews and videos about scholastic athletes and teams around the country and will be willing to travel extensively to cover major meets nationwide. This is a job for someone who wants to grow the sport of track.
- Conceptualize, create and develop quality web content, both written and video, around key athletes, personalities, schools and programs
- Travel throughout the country to create top quality on-site coverage of top events. Interview the athletes, film races, write compelling recaps and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- Work with the team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up a plan that attracts readers and makes them want to stick around for more.
- Be able to handle multiple content projects in multiple states to supplement our subscription content, and to deliver required assets on deadline because you’re a multitasking machine.
- Build relationships within the track and field community of coaches and athletes.
- Represent MileSplit with the highest integrity when dealing with local event directors, coaches, athletes, parents and the T&F/XC community at large.
- Keeping abreast of the current and developing storylines to stay ahead of the competition.
- Ensure that all content complies with our unique brand and style guidelines.
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
- Meet with management team regularly to dig into the details around performance and set goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You must be an expert on high school track and field and cross-country and have your finger on the pulse of the community.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- Thrive on being the first to break a story and out scoop other media organizations.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You understand the importance of communicating properly to a young audience and can tailor your content appropriately.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You possess critical thinking, analytical and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, fact or content into a strong visual presentation on tight deadlines.
- You’re a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging tweets that burn like fire in your community.
- You thrive on developing new ideas, and excited to execute on them.
- You are creative, competitive and driven to be the best.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field.
- Be able to work from FloSports Headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) preferred.
WHO WE ARE:
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans deserve! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love. We stream more than 10,000 of live events per year, spanning from youth to professional competitions, produce original video programming and studio shows, and provide authentic content and coverage across more than 20 sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track & field, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment