RetailMeNot is seeking a Content Writer to join the Marketing team in beautiful downtown Austin. This is a full-time contractor position that will allow you to grow your skill set in Content Marketing and SEO while assisting the team in the creation, optimization and distribution of compelling content for RetailMeNot. You will play a key role in helping us execute our strategy to drive organic traffic, audience growth and brand affinity. Our dream candidate is creative, data-driven and has strong writing skills, problem-solving skills and an undeniable eye for detail.
Who You Are:
- You have a degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or Advertising
- You have a working knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- You have experience covering retail news, product reviews and shopping is preferred
- You have experienced with content management systems (WordPress experience is a must), Photoshop and analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- You have basic knowledge of HTML
- Detail-oriented with copy editing expertise and familiarity with AP Style
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a self-starter and capable of staying on top of the latest industry trends
- Love working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Interested in growing marketing and SEO expertise
What You'll Do:
- Produce and publish two to three new articles a day for RetailMeNot’s blog. This includes writing articles, editing content and images and uploading all to WordPress
- Work cross-functionally with departments, such as SEO and PR, on keyword research and to brainstorm content topics that will drive link-building and organic traffic goals
- Post articles you create to Facebook and Twitter organic
- Optimize current copy on RetailMeNot’s blog and website (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.)
- Track and analyze key blog health metrics (e.g. traffic, time on page, bounce) and make content optimizations based on performance
- Act as your own copy editor and review content in the process of development
- Monitor competitor blogs and stay up to date on search trends to identify opportunities for organic traffic growth and page ranking
- Get stuff done, and always create with the goal of helping people save money every single day
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We'll provide you with food, food and more foodWe believe in giving prizes, bonuses and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.