Content Writer & Editor at REX
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Austin, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! Since its launch in Southern California, REX has expanded to 17 states and over 250 employees. Throughout the years, REX has represented homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $20 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
As a Writer and Editor, you will produce, create and edit content across our marketing efforts. This is a fast-paced job that will require writing professional, error-free, and unique content. We are seeking an experienced writer who is efficient, detail-oriented, comfortable managing external writers, and able to meet deadlines. You must also be able to switch styles to suit the medium; Highly professional escrow-emails in the morning and light-hearted social content in the afternoon will be the norm.
About the Position
- Produce well-researched content for publication on our site, emails, blog and in our advertising
- Work cross-team to maintain the content calendar with Communications, Marketing, and Product.
- Become familiar with the REX's mission and work with the internal team to inspire ideas and content
- Create and follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the marketing and PR team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Work to create a consistent voice across multiple platforms including web, emails, marketing content, videos, and blogs
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Manage freelance writers from time to time
Experience & Qualifications
• Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
• Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
• Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management to draw out stories and content
• Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
Nice to Haves
- Bachelors degree in Communications or Journalism
- Familiarity with WordPress
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local