About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is the innovation office of Sysco, the No. 1 foodservice distributor in the world. We make the software behind foodservice. Sysco customers use our ecommerce platform—Sysco Shop—to order everything from a dozen eggs to a dozen commercial ovens. With our software, chefs can click, order, and watch their deliveries en route, anytime, anywhere.
At Sysco LABS, our work matters: It carries food across the country. It sets 18-wheeler trucks in motion. It moves billions of dollars of fresh produce, meat, and restaurant supplies around the world. Here, your work matters too. You can have an immediate, global impact on our customers, on the way they run their food businesses, and on the way their food reaches the plate. Within our small, agile teams, you can own not just a small feature of a product—but a product itself.
You own the work. You own the outcome. Join Sysco LABS today.
Reporting to the Creative Lead, the Content Writer will work across teams to direct, generate, edit, and deliver high-quality written material to support the many initiatives of Sysco LABS. This role is a hybrid of content production and content management, with the potential for evolving responsibilities as the organization expands.
As a dedicated written content specialist, this role provides the opportunity to evolve and maintain the unique voice across all of Sysco’s digital applications, associate-facing materials, and Sysco LABS’s digital presence.
If you are interested in the role, please also submit your portfolio.
- Work with Product Managers, Creative leadership, and Legal teams as needed to generate tone-consistent content for Sysco’s digital solutions and related assets such as emails, landing pages, ads, and release notes.
- Regularly audit content to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevancy.
- Work with the Creative team to develop user experience proposals, generate marketing content, document procedures, and provide support for all Creative initiatives.
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing, and Product teams to define content strategy across all communication channels.
- Work against an editorial calendar with the team to produce content and build new editorial content plans.
- Aid in the scheduling and management of Sysco LABS’s social media accounts and websites, as well as directing or generating content such as white papers, blog posts, newsletters, press releases, and other media to populate these outlets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Marketing or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working cross-functionally with tech and creative teams
- Clear, friendly, and professional writing style
- Knowledge of AP Style and experience adhering to a brand voice and style guide
- Self-starter, critical thinker, and a staunch advocate for clear, concise, messaging
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects and document procedures for future use cases
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web publishing practices
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic knowledge of design principles and desktop design software
- Experience with project and content management systems
- Foodservice/culinary experience