RetailMeNot is looking for a contract Copywriter to work alongside our Marketing team in beautiful downtown Austin. In this role, you will be responsible for communicating the RetailMeNot consumer brand voice (B2C) across multiple marketing channels, including digital media—online and mobile display advertising, SEM, product emails and social media, radio and video scripts, internal projects, infographics and more. You will ensure a consistent brand voice while engaging customers throughout their savings journey.
Who You Are:
- You have a BA in English, communications, journalism or a related field.
- You have 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience with an in-house creative team or ad agency.
- You have proven creative ability: Loves to take a creative brief and transform it into engaging and effective copy concepts and can work in both short- and long-form.
- You have the ability to collaborate, concept and brainstorm with other creative team members.
- Must be a team player and able to work under tight deadlines on multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience in both print and digital marketing/advertising and consumer internet products.
- Enjoys presenting and selling innovative creative concepts to small and large groups.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
What You'll Do:
- You could be creating something new any given day, whether working on a video for Instagram, crafting creative headlines for our seasonal pages or writing stories and quizzes for our blog.
- You will actively contribute to the development of new ideas to create polished, final deliverables.
- You will entice new customers to download our app, sign up for RetailMeNot accounts and emails or to use our products and seasonal deals—all in the spirit of helping them save money every single day.
- Collaborate with a talented team of visual designers and video producers to brainstorm and storyboard campaign and advertising ideas and develop multiple variations for creative testing.
- Stay on top of industry trends, research competitors, retailers and use our data to inform, iterate and optimize our messaging.
- Blog writing and SEO experience is a plus.
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.