Digital Content Publisher (Contract Position) at FloSports
FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Digital Content Publisher to work with our Editorial team to publish written and video sports content on our web and app platforms via our proprietary Content Management System (CMS).
This role is responsible for the publishing of high-quality digital content produced by our Editorial team and/or freelancers via the following process:
- Editorial team sets strategy, identifies freelancers, allocates budget, assigns / approves content pitches, delivers assignment schedule to Digital Content Publisher, and introduces freelancers to Digital Content Publisher;
- Digital Content Publisher manages freelancers to receive their finished product on deadline and publishes their content via the CMS. This involves proofreading and correcting any errors within the content, formatting the content with HTML features, applying metadata tags, selecting a photo, possibly editing the headline to maximize clickability or SEO, and scheduling it for publication;
- Digital Content Publisher tracks completed freelancer assignments within our contract labor budget and records finished assignments as needed within our project management tool, Wrike.
The Digital Content Publisher role has extensive latitude for the use of initiative and self-management. It must be filled by an organized, responsible, hardworking person who is passionate about quality assurance.
- Work closely with management and internal teams to support our rapidly growing sports verticals by publishing content that engages fans, markets our live events, tells compelling stories and enhances our brand.
- Ensure content is error-free, complies with our brand standards, and is an original work of the freelancer or employee who created it.
- Oversee the work of freelancers and employees to ensure assignments are delivered on time, on task, and according to budget.
- Use a custom digital content management system to regularly publish content according to the editorial calendar.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure continuity and consistency.
- May seek, utilize and manage freelancers and guide them to create high-quality content.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You're a fantastic editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You know what compelling content looks like and how to write engaging, SEO-rich headlines and copy to support it.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
- 2-3 years of experience of working in a similar role preferred.
- Proficient with HTML and content management systems.
- Appreciation for design aesthetics.
- Responsive and able to multitask and take initiative.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of AP Style and SEO best practices.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.