ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a passionate, intuitive, organizational leader, media creator, and educator to lead the Learning Experience team in the creation and maintenance of asynchronous online courses.
As the Director of Instructional Media, you will align our instructional design, writing, and visual communication groups in their efforts to produce and maintain effective, efficient, playful, and engaging online courses. In this role, you will manage, mentor, and support three functional teams creating educational media across a range of verticals and brands. You’ll ensure we’re making effective courses our students love, and making them efficiently.
We’re looking for a proven content leader with strong people and operational skills to support our growth path and strategic vision.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a welcoming, fun, and driven group of instructional designers, writers, video producers, and graphic designers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly, and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of instructional designers, writers, and visual designers as they expand, maintain, and upgrade a catalog of 1300 hours+ of state-specific, regulated online courses
- Mentor and develop your team both individually and collectively, unlocking potential through detailed and thoughtful conceptual, stylistic, and technical feedback
- Empower the team to quickly scale to meet the objectives of our three year strategic plan
- Manage resources and tools
- Develop optimized workflows and processes
- Model a growth mindset and productive change management practices
- Align the team around a clear mission and vision
- Support a rich-media vision for an increasingly differentiated digital course experience which fuels strong student pass rates, industry-leading engagement, convenience, and high NPS scores
- Partner with the Instructional Technologist and product teams to connect theory and practice, translating research findings and/or best practices to the speed and requirements of the business
- Partner closely with the VP of Learning Experience, UI/UX, product, and the instructional technologist to provide alignment and thought leadership on strategies to grow, upgrade, and maintain our competitive advantage
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of success managing a large scale cross-functional content creation team in a paid, consumer-facing media environment
- Experience managing across multiple content creation strategies simultaneously
- Experience creating content at scale in a dynamic and constantly-changing environment
- Outstanding collaboration and organization skills, including the ability to develop workflows
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly while managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to forecast challenges and positively and proactively work to address them
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges and achieving outsized results
- Experience balancing business and product needs
- Experience in a high-growth online business
- A working understanding of instructional design best practices, including backwards design
- Experience working across a range of verticals
- Experience managing technical content creation at scale
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.