ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a passionate Instructional Technologist to supercharge the Learning Experience team’s mission to create fun, engaging, and effective online courses. In this role, you will provide valuable thought leadership to our product team, instructional designers, and content creators about best practices, studies, and solutions for driving engagement, completion, and pass rates across a range of verticals and course types.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a welcoming, fun, and driven group of instructional designers, writers, video producers, and graphic designers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly, and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Envision, test, and develop scalable content delivery formats and platform engagement tools appropriate for web and mobile delivery in support of strong student pass rates, engagement, consumption, and NPS scores
- Use these tests to advocate for additions to our LX and learning management system roadmaps to drive strategic goals
- Advise team on the application of distance learning pedagogy and andragogy to our verticals and courses
- Offer guidance for colleagues on the use and creation of e-learning content and the development of new functionality to better support online distance learning
- Partner with the Director of Instructional Media and instructional design teams to connect theory and practice, translating research findings and/or best practices to the speed and requirements of the business
- Partner closely with the Director of Instructional Media, UI/UX, the instructional design team, and writers to provide thought leadership on media formats, interactivity types, and learner expectations in online learning platform
- Participate in the procurement process for learning tools
- Develop and coordinate pilot programs, research and tests to facilitate student success, including engagement and performance
- Monitor course cohorts
- Analyze results to determine the benefits and limitations of proposed interventions and learning experience solutions
- Support A/B content testing
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of success in a technology role within online learning
- A Masters degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing, managing, or informing the creation and management of online courses
- Experience building or developing student-facing capabilities for an LMS
- Experience developing or informing the creation and management of asynchronous online learning systems
- Outstanding collaboration and organization skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to adapt quickly while managing multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to forecast challenges and positively and proactively work to address them
- A passion tackling new challenges and achieving outsized results
- Experience in a business environment
- Experience at a high-growth company
- The ability to create SQL queries and using behavioral analytics tools to define and monitor cohorts
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.