One Drop is looking for a versatile medical writer with experience writing for both scientific and general audiences. We are a digital health company that harnesses AI to help people living with chronic conditions take back their time and their power. You’ll play a key role in creating compelling and compliant papers for publication in leading academic journals, as well as clear technical descriptions for regulatory and patent submissions. You’ll also serve as a liaison between the data science department and marketing teams, making our research persuasive for a scientific audience and understandable by a general audience.
You'll make an impact by:
- Communicating complex scientific information spanning health science, behavioral science, and machine learning, in clear and compliant writing
- Researching conferences and journals to find the best fit and opportunities
- Conducting literature research to contextualize findings within the academic communities where we choose to publish
- Assisting with description and visualization of methods and results for consumer-facing blog posts, white papers, investor decks, and internal company presentations
- Reporting regularly on department findings and achievements to the company
- Creating copy for submissions to multiple conferences and journals
- A long CV of papers and posters in leading scientific/academic journals and conferences to which you’ve contributed
- 5-10 years of experience in relevant technical or medical writing roles
- Bachelors of science
- Masters/Ph.D. in scientific field Certificate in medical/technical writing
- Experience in the biotechnology industry
- To deeply impact the lives of people with chronic conditions
- The opportunity to contribute at an early stage startup and help develop the future of healthcare
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance and 401k plan
- Yearly Professional Development budget
- Unlimited vacation days
- Beautiful loft office space conveniently located in Downtown Austin
- Weekly catered lunches, company swag, company outings, and other surprises when you start
One Drop is the future of healthcare. Our mission is to develop technology that ensures all people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions can thrive. We harness the power of data science and mobile computing to make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and effective.
Our clinically proven mobile platform combines AI-powered predictive insights, personalized health coaching, and FDA-approved connected devices to simplify self-care. And it works. People using the One Drop platform have seen significant improvements in their health in just a few weeks.
Today, the rate of people living with chronic conditions is increasing dramatically, and traditional approaches to healthcare cannot possibly scale to reach them all. We exist to serve those people and help them lead their best lives. www.onedrop.today
At One Drop, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. One Drop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: One Drop does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or One Drop employees. One Drop is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description