At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking for a PCB Librarian to add to our growing team. If you are excited about working in a startup environment, have a strong work ethic, and are passionate about cutting-edge electronics, we would like to hear from you.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining company-wide schematic symbol and footprint libraries for use in all CesiumAstro electronics hardware (PCBs). Cesium’s carefully designed space electronics are based on a deep understanding of the parts’ functionality and implementation; as such, proper schematic symbols and footprints are critical to the end product. Our PCB Librarian will be tasked with detailed drafting and organization of these libraries, working with the engineering, manufacturing, and IT teams to create a reliable database of parts that form the core of our products.
- Create schematic symbols and footprints from component datasheets
- Check footprints against manufacturer recommendations and IPC specifications
- Review schematics and layouts for proper symbol and footprint implementation
- Maintain, update, and synchronize part databases in ECAD and PLM software
- Track product change notices (PCNs), including EOL notifications
- 2+ years of professional experience creating and maintaining symbols and footprints for PCB libraries
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering Technology, or similar degree
- Experience with library configuration management
- Working knowledge of IPC standards and design for manufacturing guidelines
- Professional experience with PCB design
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and succeed in a rigorous but fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.