We're looking for a Content Strategist to join our multidisciplinary accessibility team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers and accessibility specialists to create and optimise content for our products.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Plan and write user stories and create clear user journeys
- Use research, data, and evidence to make the right decisions
- Develop end-to-end content strategy for more complex accessibility problems
- Review current content and iteratively improve on it with all users in mind
- Define our accessibility content strategy to conform with WCAG 2.1 (AAA Level) content standards
- Make sure content is of consistently high quality and easy to understand
- Develop processes, define standards and suggest tools to keep the accessibility team at the forefront of innovation
- Mentor other content designers and strategists and be responsible for content quality and all accessibility documentation and standards
- Build relationships and work closely with subject-matter experts
- Promote content design and strategy in the company, and showcase usability- and accessibility-related success stories
- Be an active member of the Accessibility and Design System team, sharing knowledge and best practices
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for inclusive design and accessibility
- Have experience defining and documenting content accessibility best practices
- Have experience working in an agile environment on digital products
- Put the user at the heart of what you do, and explain your decisions using research and evidence
- Can make complex terminology disappear and have experience applying accessibility and plain language standards to content, including writing alternatives for media content such as image descriptions and figure captions
- Can communicate well with stakeholders and product owners
- Can craft excellent user experiences powered by content
- Understand design systems and content management practices
- Are committed to creating accessible and inclusive contentLove our mission to make healthcare accessible and affordable to everyone
- Experience in writing clear, concise user-interface text for web and native mobile apps
- Experience in facilitating workshops and leading meetings
- Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams (AI, Engineering, Marketing, Product) to develop concepts and products
- Understanding of the broader business needs and customer context for your work across multiple shipped products
- Examples of situations where you have led the solution for a significant content strategy and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem
- Mature people and leadership skills, including communication and presentation skills
- Stories where you’ve shown resilience, organizational awareness, and most important, empathy and compassion
- You’re a naturally positive, enthusiastic, collaborative person looking to grow within the team and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- The ability to advocate for users while being sensitive to product and business needs
- Examples of your fantastic writing abilities via a portfolio of writing samples and style guidelines representing team and personal accomplishments
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience on user-focused writing, including work with software products, digital agencies, documentation or journalismEvidence that you can write and speak English fluently.
- Accessibility experience or knowledge a plus
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience writing for health care, medical or other regulated industries will be helpful, but not required
- Experience working in fast-paced start-ups or scale-ups like ours
- Knowledge and experience of content localization best practices
- You don’t need to have a degree, but please tell us about any relevant training and education qualifications you have.
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description