Senior Copywriter – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is financed, managed, and sold in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. In 2019, the retail platforms, including our year-old consumer platform Bungalo, sold its 300th home, and on its institutional platform, Amherst Residential managed its 25,000th home for single-family rentals. We are passionate about solving the under-supply of safe, durable, and attractive housing for both home rental and ownership. Our teams strive to make residential living easy and enjoyable. Amherst is a pioneer in this space, and one of the only companies taking on institutional investing in real estate for both rental and ownership.
Amherst is seeking a talented copywriter to lead copy and content strategy focused primarily on Bungalo, the retail home ownership brand. You will be responsible for translating briefs into copy that drives Bungalo brand affinity and conversions by creating compelling and engaging copy for our campaigns, advertisements, website, blog, email and marketing materials. This role requires an individual with a deep understanding online and conversion-focused copy and who can effortlessly fuse editorial content and commerce.
- Lead brand development workshops with cross-functional team
- Maintain and evolve brand voice guidelines, ensuring original and consistent personality across channels
- Coordinate complex branding initiatives across all channels, driving a consistent customer experience
- Manage messaging strategy, concept development, and copywriting for all marketing (email systems, paid acquisition campaigns, in-market consumer & agent events, collateral, blog posts, integrated campaigns, one-off seasonal promotions) and brand (app, website, Bungalo Mortgage website, and all product launches/new features) channels
- Develop editorial content strategy and write editorial content that delivers on strategy & objectives
- Create relevant, original, high-quality content
- Pitch, write, and edit relevant news and trend based content
- Partner with external and internal creative services to deliver marketing campaigns and PR creative concepts
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of marketing copywriting and editorial/creative writing experience
- Significant experience writing consumer-facing online lifestyle and ecommerce copy, agency experience a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
- Excellent command of grammar, proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple projects and readjust priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Team player excited to partner with and learn from colleagues across the business
- Proven ability to defend work and collaboratively resolve creative differences in opinion gracefully
- Ability to effectively communicate complex or technical information and ideas in an engaging written format
What We Offer:
Amherst (Bungalo’s parent company) is a privately held corporation headquartered in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the Loop 360 bridge. The Bungalo division is based at WeWork on Barton Springs near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description