Senior Live Events Producer at FloSports
FloSports is looking for a Senior Producer to join our Live Production department. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, talented, highly-technical live broadcast professional with a passion for providing high-quality live event coverage. This role will manage a team of producers working on a variety of productions from 80 individual courts of club volleyball to broadcast quality professional rugby all in the same week. The ideal candidate is excited about delivering the highest possible quality product by the most efficient means and has a passion for helping develop the skills of those around them.
This position is a road-warrior and the ability to travel up to 60% and work on evenings/weekends/holidays is a must.
- Manage a team of live event producers
- Work closely with and help manage the entire production crew which includes event directors, producers, on-air talent, editors, graphics designers, scoring systems personnel and our internal support team
- Review and provide feedback on quality of lives streams
- Assist in troubleshooting technical issues
- Identify and create seasonal storylines
- Ensure consistency in branding across streams
- Works closely with content and marketing
- Manage event budgets
- Stream live events across all of our sports and all levels- everything from a single-mat event to a multi-camera D1 championship
- Manage every stage of the production from pre-production through the entire Live broadcast process
- Manage and oversee the production planning details, schedules, timelines and overall event documentation
- Help troubleshoot escalated technology issues and production problems logically, calmly and efficiently
- Take ownership of production quality and help to drive improvements
- Help to build and nurture working relationships with partners, vendors, contingent crew members and other event stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2+ years people management experience
- 7+ Years proven experience producing events in a live streaming environment (preferably sports)
- Must be willing to work weekends and travel for productions, including weekends and holidays
- Work from Austin preferred
- Knowledgeable about Salesforce is a plus
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to lead, execute and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Process driven and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment