Senior Proposal Writer
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs the lead writing role in sales deliverables (primarily RFPs), drafting both original and tailored content and identifying appropriate text, concepts and salient points that add value.
- Serves as team content lead, managing priorities for projects, assignments, and content needs, closely collaborating with Proposal Team on day-to-day flow of tasks.
- Participate in Opportunity Kick-Off meetings, strategy meetings, and review sessions, collaborating with DSPs, Product Managers, Solution Engineers and the rest of the Proposal Team, to develop win themes, client specific value proposition, and strategic messaging which supports the Civitas Learning value proposition.
- Recommend solutions for responses based on solutions proposed in prior RFPs and proposals.
- Facilitate engagement with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop proposal responses based on RFP requirements and ensure all requirements of RFP are addressed.
- Prepare proposal response templates and appendices/attachments based on RFP requirements.
- Identification of new content and subsequent development of new content or customization of existing content for RFP and proposal responses, based on strategic positioning.
- Assist DSPs with proactive strategic proposals and other supporting materials that will promote added business (upsell opportunities and creation of new proposal products/services).
- Work with Product Managers and Product Marketing to ensure proactive strategic proposals (example: Sole Source documentation) are up-to-date.
- Ensure new and/or strategic content is added to content management system after each RFP and proposal submission.
- Bring fresh and creative ideas to the pursuit process around new sales tactics, methods of strategic differentiation, and value articulation of Civitas Learning services.
- Collaborate closely with SMEs on creation of materials and content for use by Proposal Team and Strategic Partnerships Team.
- Proposal Design
- Work with Proposal Team and graphic designer to develop creative elements, graphic depictions of technical content to support proposal sections, and overall design to communicate messages more effectively.
- Establish proposal content style guidelines and standards.
- Market Intelligence
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Services to develop/contribute to competitive analysis reports and strategic content around:
- Win/loss themes and trends in the marketplace
- Most requested features/functions and how these map to our current or future roadmap plans and impact our ability to respond.
- Ideal candidate will have a BA or BS degree, preferably in English, Creative Writing, Print Journalism, Public Relations, or another writing focused field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experienced in proposal writing, including technical writing and editing, especially public sector proposals.
- Experience with sales operations and marketing.
- Ability to take complex concepts and document them in a way to respond to proposal requirements.
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
- Excellent interpersonal, partnering skills and experience writing compelling proposals in a collaborative environment.
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced environment with non-negotiable and often overlapping deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, resourceful, and able to exercise sound judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence results and to coach and mentor teammates.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 325 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.