Software Technical Writer at Invitae
Software Technical Writer
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a Software Technical Writer to join our team!!
What you’ll do:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational quality, and tech writing standards
- Acquire a deep understanding of products and services to translate sophisticated product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our internal and external users up for success
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative ways for improvement
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely the software department to understand project requirements
- Take the initiative to Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with technical writing, project managers, development, and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise, and edit, and figure out the best solution for data and document compilation and centralized storage
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make instructions easier to use
- Write or revise supporting content for products
- Edit material prepared by other writers or staff
- Incorporate, graphs, charts, illustrations, or photographs to increase users’ understanding of the material
- Select appropriate medium, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Collect user feedback to update and continually improve content
What you bring:
- 5+ years proven experience as an effective technical writer
- Experience writing in a regulatory framework (e.g., FDA, ISO, PMDA, other) is required
- Proven track record to quickly learn and understand sophisticated topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven track record to balance multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Genuine willingness to learn new concepts and be receptive to working out of their comfort zone
- Ability to switch priorities quickly
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile/Scrum
- Preferred: Experience with alternate text formats, including RST
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.