Sports Content Creator- Cycling (FloBikes) at FloSports
FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a content creator for FloBikes. This person must currently be obsessed and immersed within the sport of cycling. We are looking for someone who is up to date on the compelling stories within the cycling community and able to deliver these stories through engaging written and video content with an authentic voice.
- Be the expert on all things relevant to FloBikes’ core audience
- Curate the most timely and engaging content, both written and video, for the cycling community
- Spotlight our external partners, the events and top athletes/personalities with interesting stories
- Be the on-air talent for our weekly studio show, where you will be responsible for crafting analytical insights, reporting recaps and telling the stories that will resonate within the cycling community
- Work with your team to identify ways to grow the FloBikes vertical
- Handle multiple content projects at once and ensure all deadlines are met
- Stay on top of every story and news item unfolding within cycling to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage of FloBikes events to the community
- Ensure all content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You are an authority on cycling, immersed in the community and obsessive about staying on top of the latest stories, athletes and events.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You are just as comfortable in front of the camera as you are behind the camera, showcasing your authentic personality to our audience in an engaging way.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You work well with management, but you’re also capable of doing stuff on your own.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You are competitive and driven to be the best.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid).
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment