Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
What You'll Do
As a technical writer, you will work with product management, engineering, user experience, training, professional services, and customer support to create high-quality, customer-facing documentation and release notes. You will document new products and features from scratch, as well as edit and reorganize existing content.
- Document new products, new features, and enhancements.
- Foster an engaged customer and partner ecosystem with stimulating and timely information about our releases.
- Participate in Lithium’s customer community to help build tribal knowledge, identify and cultivate best practices, and generally help deliver a superior social customer experience.
- Work with the developers to ensure that all customer-facing UI text strings are clear, grammatically correct, accurate, and written in simple English.
- Edit text strings in source code for setting names and descriptions.
- Assess documentation needs and scope the appropriate set of deliverables within required timelines and quality standards.
- Apply technical knowledge to plan documentation components of products for designated audiences.
- Become a subject matter expert and monitor/contribute to internal technical discussions.
- Work together with the user experience group, product managers, and engineers to help with product design.
Why you should join our team
Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits package. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, work with the best and brightest in the social media software industry and want to take their career to the next level.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in technical writing, product documentation, online publishing, or technical blogging.
- Proven experience and efficiency with common authoring tools/technologies.
- Experience using screen capture software, such as Snag-It.
- Experience editing and annotating screenshots to illustrate concepts.
- Proven teamwork skills and flexibility.
- You are an independent self-starter who isn’t afraid to reach out to other teams for information and feedback.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Be comfortable working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Be comfortable working with local and remote teams.
- Experience in an agile environment is a plus.
- Experience or knowledge using wikis for customer-facing documentation is a plus.
- Experience writing for or with Social Media Management (Response and Publishing) products.