Technical Writer II
Spredfast is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Writer II with a passion for producing high-quality end-user content that contributes to the overall success of our products. The Technical Writer II will work directly with supporting teams and product managers to create point-solution product guides, best practices, how-tos and definitions.
The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter with project management experience. This role will serve as coordinator for the production and execution of content plans in support of new features and will be responsible for delivering content on pace with product release milestones.
When applying, please note relevant b2b SaaS and social media writing experience.
A Technical Writer II at Spredfast:
- Produces a variety of articles for a wide range of products, targeted toward both new and experienced end-users.
- Can quickly master complex concepts and features in order to break them down into user-friendly, single-point documentation solutions need-to-know, actionable chunks.
- Creates documentation plans for new software features that address real-world customer personas and use cases.
- Maintains familiarity with standard technical documentation concepts, best practices, and procedures .
- Analyzes existing documentation, making regular updates to maintain quality and relevance
- Possesses a high degree of creativity, latitude, and autonomy
- Enjoys working with cross-functional subject matter experts including marketing, customer support, and development teams, and is equally comfortable spending up to 3/4 of the time working alone to create deliverables
- Performs at a high output amidst a lively and fast-paced work environment
- 2-4 years of technical writing experience and professional work samples
- Ability to write fully grammatically correct American English and write colloquially; to understand differing user audiences and choose the most suitable voice
- Has expertise with industry standard writing paradigms: information mapping, chunking, minimalism
- Has expertise with technical writing best practices
- Experience using Zendesk as a knowledge base preferred
- Has a working knowledge of HTML and CSS, including the ability to create content and troubleshoot problems independently
- Avid learner who is able to learn new software quickly and with minimal guidance
- Possesses excellent attention to detail -- to all facets of a document, including voice, style, and formatting -- when in the editing phase of authoring
- Able to work under tight deadlines in an agile, often ambiguous, environment.
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.