Technical Writer at CesiumAstro
Please Note: Due to the nature of our work with the U.S. Government, US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Technical Writer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and have writing talent and a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will work closely with Cesium executives and engineers to develop support documentation, content for branding, marketing materials, data sheets, proposals, etc.
- Research, create, edit and maintain technical documentation
- Develop printed materials, proposals, reports, manuals, marketing content, and other documentation as required
- Perform quality reviews and peer reviews across technical and non-technical documents and evaluate document quality based on accuracy, substance, and quality of written content
- Quickly master complex concepts and features in order to distill them into concise summaries for a variety of audiences. Analyze existing documentation, making regular updates to maintain quality and relevance
Successful candidates will have, as a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Technical Communication, or other major with writing-intensive component and/or science/technology emphasis
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Technical Writing or related field
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong interest in, and comfort with, technical subject matter
- Ability to work effectively in a group environment
- Strong knowledge of authoring tools, such as Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat Pro, MadCap Flare, Perforce, SnagIt, Microsoft Office, or similar products
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent spelling and grammar
- Understanding of standard revision process, and technical documentation conventions
- Working knowledge of layout/design software like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar is a plus
Preferred attributes include:
- Experience in the aerospace industry (avionics preferred)
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.