Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
We are passionate about creating happiness for employees that translates into business results for our customers. We focus on employee engagement and improve all levels of recognition so work experience is elevated. Our goal is for the happiness we help create to spread to everyone in the form of increased engagement, improved morale, and greater profitability!
We are a growing company with a bunch of people who take work seriously, who have high levels of accountability and are tons of fun to work with. We live what we’re preaching.
The Training Content Developer position will be responsible for working with Customer Success Team and the Sr. Launch Manager to assist with the planning, approach, and coordination of the organizational training. The primary responsibility will be to create and implement training strategies and plans that maximize admin and employee adoption/usage, launch automated training modules and minimize resistance. This position requires multi-tasking, exercising initiative, and independent judgment.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Effectively collaborate with key business stakeholders to understand content needs and learning objectives
- Design and develop engaging learning content, design templates, eLearning modules, and program materials
- Create, edit, and review learning materials including; eLearning modules, instructor guides, user guides, workbooks, PowerPoint presentations, voice scripting, etc
- Use editing software to synchronize voice and video content to work seamlessly
- Contribute to driving learning program quality and initiatives, operating with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strategize content systematization, agility, scalability, and sustainability
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Content Creation/Technical Writing or Instructional Design
- 5 years of overall experience - with 2-3 years experience in HR, learning and development or related field
- SaaS experience preferred
- Exceptional writing skills and strong attention to detail with high level of quality and accuracy
- Experience prioritizing and managing shifting priorities with a high volume of requests from various stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and effectively handle various tasks under pressure
- Proven working knowledge of leading-edge training platforms, technologies, and content creation tools (work samples required)
- Focus on scale and simplicity to ensure adoption and use of new and existing features
- Excellent organization, project management, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- Employee Engagement Project Experience
- Instructional Design experience
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.