We are looking for a Customer Insights Analyst to join our Business Analytics team. Data is at the center of everything Favor does. The appetite for reporting and analysis grows each day as we expand our geographic footprint throughout Texas and introduce new programs, platforms, products and features to our community of customers, runners and merchant partners.
As a Customer Insights Analyst on the Business Analytics team you will work closely with our Acquisition, SEO, CRM and Product Marketing teams while leveraging first- and third-party data to create a 360-degree view of the customer and generate actionable insights on the critical experiences that influence conversion, retention, frequency and monetization.
- Develop and maintain a suite of self-service reporting that puts the most critical KPIs in the hands of your stakeholders.
- Analyze paid and organic customer acquisition volume and conversion trends in order to steer digital spend towards higher ROI channels.
- Identify potential sources of conversion breakage and recommend steps to turn 100% of app downloads into active customers.
- Obsessively analyze customer behavior to understand how each interaction may influence short-term satisfaction and long-term retention, with the ultimate goal of making higher confidence, more real-time customer lapse predictions.
- Create customer segments based on stakeholder-defined parameters and advanced analytical techniques (e.g. k-means) which can be used to better understand our customers and create targeted marketing opportunities.
- Measure promotional risk and return with an emphasis on prescribing the right-sized tactics for a given time, place and audience.
- Analyze the impact of new and existing programs on customers at various stages in their lifecycle with an eye on increasing lifetime value.
- Grow the collective Business Analytics team knowledge base through process documentation and technical mentorship.
- 2-4 years experience working in an analytical role, preferably focused on marketing and customer-centric analysis
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills, preferably with large datasets.
- Analysis ninja, with proficiency in multiple tools and scripting languages - e.g. Excel, Python, R.
- Experience building descriptive and predictive models.
- Experience with business intelligence software, such as Looker, Tableau, or Domo.
- Experience with client-side analytics, like Google Analytics and Firebase.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and A/B test design.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in particular in a presentation setting.
- Detail-oriented. You ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting and analysis through data cleansing, transformation and ongoing stewardship. You think 2 steps ahead to identify potential roadblocks and have contingency plans to address them.
- Narrative-oriented. You connect changes in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers and create compelling visualizations to drive home key findings. You communicate results effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Action-oriented. You are always up for a challenge and view reporting and analysis as an opportunity to recommend tactics and strategies that make the business better. You are open to feedback in the interest of delivering continually better output and growing as a professional.
- Teamwork-oriented. You know how and when to effectively engage with your stakeholders and your teammates. You view yourself as a partner in the decision-making process and build trust through goal alignment, process transparency and world-class output.
Life at Favor:
- Benefits -- We offer premium health, vision, dental, life, and 401(k) options. We also offer Favor delivery credit and H-E-B discounts!
- Time-Off -- We offer unlimited PTO for salary employees and ample vacation time to all team members. We empower you to live your best life and do your best work!
- Learning & Development -- We encourage personal growth and education through regular Learning Labs taught by internal team members and external facilitators.
- Community -- Whether you’re an avid cyclist, dog lover, or Magic enthusiast, there’s a group for you here. We foster community through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), quarterly company-wide events, happy hours, and regular connection opportunities.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description