Analyst, Business and Customer Analytics at Whole Foods Market
This position will be required to provide an integrated point of view the business and customer performance, leveraging internal and external sources. In addition, support the development of business and customer analytics, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify and solve for any gaps in analytical processes and reporting.
Responsibilities: Support the development of strategic guidance by delivering data-driven, actionable insights that contribute to teams across the business. Act as a conduit to integrate strategic insights. Understand and activate business impact levers (promotions, price, product, etc…); along with leveraging 3rd party competitive landscape tools, customer behavior metrics, and product innovation solutions. Serve as an analytical point of contact for special projects, ad hoc analysis, and other initiatives
Support collaboration with business partners, including 3rd parties, to identify gaps in analytical processes and reporting; then problem solve with various other teams to fill gaps influence decision making throughout the business, which often requires collaboration with cross-functional teams and senior leadership. Effectively synthesize and communicate complex data and analyses via effective written documents and presentations.
This job profile is not meant to be all-inclusive; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels within the organization to generate insights that drive action.
- Ability to influentially present information and respond to questions in one-on-one interaction, meeting/group presentation situations involving senior leadership
- Ability to utilize advanced analytical methods to identify patterns, relationships, and trends across multiple data sources.
- Familiar with aspects of pricing, merchandising, retail operations, financial operations, profitability drivers, and reporting.
- Comfortable using data to provide answers when the problem is loosely defined or structured. Requires limited guidance to frame business problems to develop/iterate on approaches to analysis.
- Synthesizes complex data from various sources to support the development of a narrative which can be understood by a broad audience.
- Experience with working with market syndicated data (e.g. Nielsen), shopper insights solutions, visual analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau) is a plus. Microsoft Excel familiarity with data basics, structure, and relationship required
- Experience querying data from large enterprise databases. SQL proficiency a plus; not required.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker with a strong attention to detail.
- Project Management experience and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal, and written.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic complemented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Creative problem-solving skills, maturity to handle ambiguity, flexibility to perform in a dynamic collaborative environment, and ability to multitask across projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Education & Experience: BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Analytical Business Specialty, Marketing Research or commensurate retail experience preferred, MS or MBA plus.
- At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.