Analyst or Consultant, Value Creation at Vista Consulting Group
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista's investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies.
Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesses even better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista's consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.
We are looking for Analysts and Consultants to join the Vista Consulting Group (VCG).
- Analysts and Consultants will work closely with VCG colleagues, investment team members, and portfolio company executives to drive strategy and operations engagements across our portfolio companies
- Analysts and Consultants will work on value creation initiatives that span the different functional areas of our companies (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Corp Dev, Finance, Ops, and Product)
- We value the differentiated skillset and experience that top-tier candidates bring to our organization. This represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to leverage his or her analytical skill-set and operational toolkit
- Analysts and Consultants will have a defined career path within VCG with opportunities for career progression and upward mobility. Opportunities to join a portfolio company will also be available for consultants that would like to gain operating experience at a company
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience either at a top tier or boutique strategy and operations consulting firm, financial services firm, or software company
- Analytics & Modeling
- Provides analytical support and modeling for value creation projects and initiatives
- Presents analysis in a logical, credible, and thorough manner
- Deliverable Development
- Builds client ready deliverables and work product that are structured in accordance with best-in-class consulting standards
- Develops fact-based conclusions that are supported by evidence and data
- Project / Workstream Mgmt.
- Demonstrates the ability to foster teamwork while working on projects
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently with little supervision when needed
- Four-year degree from a top undergraduate institution
- 1-3 years of consulting, financial services, or software experience at a top tier firm
- Experience should be a combination of strategy and operational/implementation
- Interest in software, technology, and data enabled companies
- Intellectual curiosity and honesty
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to bring structure to large, complex questions with limited guidance
- Ability to multi-task and operate independently
- Willing to travel up to 40% of time
Seeking candidates to be based in (or willing to relocate to) either our Austin, TX or Chicago, IL office