We are looking for an expert Business Intelligence Developer to join the MultiPlayer Services team at Unity. Our advertising and In-App Purchasing solutions and technologies are deployed in hundreds of thousands of apps used by hundreds of millions of users every day. This generates massive data sets that need to be mined for valuable insights in order to understand how to continue to drive this fast growing business and support our developer community.
The Business Intelligence team is viewed as the first-line of defense when problems and curiosities arise, and you will be providing crucial reporting tools and analysis that are the backbone of the decision making process for sales and product teams. Your day-to-day will consist of building data pipelines and dashboards, running ad-hoc reports, digging into issues, finding opportunities to improve operational efficiency and being a general go-to person for the Unity MultiPlayer Services organization.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinating with stakeholders, collecting requirements, identifying data sources, developing ETLs, designing and delivering dashboards, and performing ad hoc analysis
- Providing data documentation in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical parts of the business
- Supporting the design and implementation of BI tools to be used across the company
- Understanding complex product and business questions and challenges and relating them to the data
- Exploring our vast data sets to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
What we’re looking for
- Advanced expertise in SQL (BigQuery a plus) and familiarity with Python (PySpark a plus)
- Experience designing and maintaining ETLs (Airflow experience is a plus)
- Experience with data visualization, dashboarding and analytical report building (Looker, Periscope, Tableau or similar)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience, as well as translate sometimes ambiguous data requests into clear action items and requirements.
- Ability to own your projects from identifying user requirements to writing ETL/SQL scripts to aggregate the data to crafting dashboards/reports
You might also have
- Gaming or AdTech experience
- Experience with LookML
- Experience with Terraform
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.