BI Reporting Analyst
What's the opportunity?
- Provide Monthly Business Review, reporting on key performance indicators for the Company including loan originations, portfolio analysis, credit metrics and marketing results
- Execute on daily, weekly, and monthly tasks supporting our lending operations, including portfolio reporting, loan sale processing, credit analysis and loss performance
- Drive and execute standing deliverables related to school quality analysis including historical loan performance and data driven comparisons between school programs
- Conduct business intelligence analysis for sales and marketing including application funnel metrics, ROI of marketing initiatives, pipeline reporting, and client profile dashboards
- Conduct research and analysis for new product development
- Be the expert in all Skills Fund lending systems from our application platform and school interfaces to our reporting portals and data warehouse
- Collaborate with team members across the company to address ad hoc reporting and data needs
- Continuously build expertise in student finance, consumer credit, and applicable technology
What does it take to succeed?
Attitude: Positive, tenacious, curious, fun. No task is below you. If you’re seeking to stay in one lane and build a widget, this position isn’t for you. We all act with ownership over the company’s success and love having responsibility over many areas.
Qualities: Purpose-driven. Relentless in achieving important results. Have uncommonly high standards. Eager to take ownership. Exquisite ability to shift and focus and juggle many responsibilities at once. Welcome ambiguity and have a bias to action, even in its midst.
Focus: Must love details and combing through large data sets to a fault. You dream of building reporting and analytics with complete accuracy and repeatability.
Fun: Must know it, have it, and be able to inspire. You find joy in hard work.
Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
What do you need to apply?
- 2-3 years of experience in an entry level analysis/reporting role.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience with coding languages including Python, SAS, or SQL is a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SAP Business Objects, or Google Data Studio is a plus.
- Candidates should have strong communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, and strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to follow up.
- Ability to effectively manage several tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand financial and/or cash flow models and concepts.
- A love of being challenged and working across a range of functions