Business Analyst at Whole Foods Market
- Partners with finance peers, regional business leadership, and global finance to support cohesive and efficient business processes in stores and regional programs.
- Coordinates financial services and provides store consultation, goal setting, reporting, and business process improvement recommendations.
- Supports regional and store leadership with quarterly business reviews.
- Performs revenue and marketplace analytics, generating reports / information to help stores and teams identify areas of opportunity.
- Assists stores and teams in driving optimized competitive performance.
- Partners with key stakeholders to successfully open new locations, gauge performance against budgets and forecasts, and monitor profitability in the early stages of operations.
- Partners with regional product teams to identify and help resolve store performance and program issues.
- Assists in efforts to develop and enhance data pipelines, workflows, and queries based on large data sets.
- Supports cross-functional efforts to design, develop, and deliver Team Member financial acumen training.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of data available or needed by the wider business for more complex or comparative analyses.
- Understands team’s function and how it supports WFM’s goals.
- Capable of working with a variety of data sources.
- Capable of handling large data sets in analyses through the use of additional tools.
- Understands the basics of test and control comparison and how to provide insight through basic statistical measures such as hypothesis testing.
- Understands various company and departmental processes and procedures; understands applicable Retail Operations SOPs.
- Communicates structured information in a clear, concise, and organized fashion.
- Collaborates with others to achieve objectives and ensure information flow.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Independently takes action, controls own work, and makes work-related decisions.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates a strong desire to reach challenging goals and pursue excellence.
- Contributes personal ideas and knowledge to accomplish work.
- Applies existing rules and procedures to make decisions and judgments.
- Gathers and analyzes critical information from a variety of sources to understand problems.
- Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
- Possesses clear understanding of WFM’s and supported stores / regions business models and objectives.
- Understands the WFM product mix, supply base and retail operations.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.