Business Intelligence Analyst at Amherst
Business Intelligence Analyst
Amherst Residential, is a vertically integrated residential real estate platform making ownership of single family homes seamless for investors and home owners. The platform has raised over $6 billion of capital since inception, manages ~20,000 homes, and is growing its team as it rolls out new investments and business lines.
Amherst Residential is hiring a Jr. Business Intelligence Analyst whose primary responsibility will be to work on the Corporate Growth and Executive Management team to provide data analytics and reporting to the various functions within Amherst Residential. This includes implementing solutions for optimizing and automating existing reporting as well as leveraging tools such as SQL and Tableau to create and monitor new key performance indicators and operational metrics. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working alongside a fast-paced, data-driven team to help the organization achieve its strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders to transform ideas into actions.
- Utilize Microsoft SQL Server for extraction and analysis of data from multiple sources with demonstrated ability to effectively decipher, analyze and report data
- Develop reports and dashboards using Tableau and/or Excel for internal and external customers
- Leverage analytic problem solving skills in working with large disparate, datasets to report portfolio operational metrics and performance
- Assist with preparation and automation of recurring / ad hoc reporting assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related quantitative discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations; consulting or financial services industry experience is a plus
- Strong SQL query writing skills required. Experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment is preferred.
- Experience with creating and presenting management dashboards and reports
- Experience with data visualization/business intelligence tools. Experience with Tableau is a huge plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to meet established timelines
- Analytical mindset and passion for gleaning actionable insights from raw data
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language such as Python is a plus
- Knowledge of data warehousing and ETL concepts is a plus
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!