Hello! We’re Babylon, a leading digital healthcare company.
Our mission is to make high-quality healthcare accessible and affordable for everyone on Earth. Building on the success of Babylon in the United Kingdom, Rwanda and Canada, we are building a 50-state provider network in the United States. We want to provide health services to the Medicaid population, who are often underserved and overlooked. Today, we cover over 3.5 million members in the US.
By shifting the focus from sick care to preventative care, we’re creating a better model of healthcare. One that combines AI-powered technology with the highest quality clinical expertise—so we can help people live healthier, longer lives. With over 2,000 global employees, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of healthcare professionals, scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
Our talented team is looking to hire the best clinicians and operations talent to build and scale in the US. We’re driven by people whose ideas and energy align with our mission and our values: to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will help build and maintain the analytics infrastructure that enables us not only to support day-to-day workstreams but also to understand and predict trends across our operations and product teams as we scale rapidly. You will work closely with stakeholders and contributors across multiple product and operations teams to help us build a digital-first service that supports millions of patients globally and serve as the analytical powerhouse behind core projects from origination to implementation. This work will help us grow a data-driven organization with gold-standard reporting, thoughtfully curated analytical infrastructure, and stakeholder self service that enables rapid growth into new markets and supports best-in-class experiences for patients, clinical professionals, and partners in care.
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. Our focus is always on fostering a learning environment where you can grow your skills and make an impact.
AREAS YOU CAN IMPACT
-Patient Operations Analytics - We make sure patients are receiving the best care with the best health outcomes, all while driving down costs by helping members get the care they need at the right time. For this team, it’s a bonus to have experience working with healthcare data, especially related to authorizations, claims, value-based care, and/or population health management, experience working in an operations and/or product dev organization, including user support and outreach, process management, product optimization, etc.
-Business Reporting & Infrastructure - We own the “one dashboard to rule them all” and other strategic reporting and infrastructure that supports our business from the top down. For this team, it’s a bonus to have strong visualization and dashboarding skills and experience working with senior leadership teams.
-Supply & Demand Analytics - We ensure that appointment scheduling is accessible to patients and that we have appropriate clinical staffing to meet all our members’ needs. For this team, it’s a bonus to have experience in forecasting and modelling
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Cultivating a deep understanding of Babylon’s technology and services in order to define appropriate metrics and key success indicators and to help tailor your analytical solutions, including dashboards, deep dives, and other tools
- Building and maintaining a suite of reports and dashboards that will be used to power product and operations teams across the business, improving our operational efficiency and reducing downstream healthcare costs
- Building and maintaining the foundational data infrastructure, models, and analytics tools to assist data-driven teams across the company, enabling us to scale nationally and continually optimize for efficiency and quality
- Communicating the value of your work across different disciplines, effectively embedding your solutions in day-to-day operations, and delivering on tight timelines.
- Creating clear and effective feedback loops to key areas of the business to provide valuable insights on operational/product opportunities
- Fostering a culture of strong analytics and data-driven thinking across product and operations
- Analyzing and identifying existing processes that need transforming or improvement, and then implementing your findings
- Mentoring power business users on the use of reporting tools to support self service
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical and statistical skills, with experience in a technical analytics role
- 1-2+ years of business experience using SQL
- 1-2+ years experience using a BI tool to build reporting dashboards and analyze data
- Experience working with raw data sources and improving data integrity
- Experience capturing requirements and building solutions that meet stakeholder needs
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience working in multi-disciplinary teams with contributors and stakeholders in various roles and levels of seniority
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset.
- You need to want to make change now – creating a long-term vision isn’t just about strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, it’s about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months
NICE TO HAVE
- Numerical degree: Maths, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Finance or related subjects
- 1-2+ years experience leveraging ETL/ELT and data modelling tools
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, and/or Mixpanel
- Fundamentals in Python and R
- Experience working in a startup culture
- Experience working on tight timelines and providing analytics insights to inform real-time business decisions
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme
- Yearly training budget
- Newly redesigned offices with a fun and engaging culture (and free snacks!)
- Accrued PTO of 20 days + public holidays, separate sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans, with flexible spending account or health savings account
- Competitive retirement plan, short term disability, long term disability, and life coverage
- Parking reimbursement
- Dog-friendly US office
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.