Business Intelligence Contractor
What we do:
Cision (formerly TrendKite) is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision is looking for a talented student/graduate with a passion for working with data. This part-time contract role has flexible hours and will contribute to transforming, aligning and analyzing company data to providing meaningful. The analysis performed by this team directly influences strategic decision making across the global company.
- Migrate data and dashboards from past to current BI platform using SQL and other tools
- Create reports and dashboards using SQL and BI tools to identify trends/insights that will influence business decisions
- Contribute to exploratory analytics initiatives to discover potential barriers in the business contributing to attrition, loss of revenue, forecasting, etc., using BI tools, SQL and Excel
- Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data for centralized data warehouse
- Extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems
- All other duties as assigned within the scope and spirit of the position
- Successfully graduated, undergraduate or non-traditional student working towards a degree or certificate in Business Intelligence, Engineering, Business, Math/Statistics or Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (industry experience preferred)
- Highly analytical with an understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex relational data sets
- Demonstrated initiative and a passion for learning new skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience building reports or data visualizations for a business audience using tools like Domo (preferred), Tableau or Salesforce
- Experience with sales and CRM data
Bonus if you have:
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Read Full Job Description