Business Intelligence Engineer I at Whole Foods Market
How often have you had an opportunity to be a member of a team that is tasked with solving customer needs through disruptive and innovative technology? Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company. If this sounds intriguing, then we would like to talk to you about a role on the Reporting & Visualization team. This team produces enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions touching all facets of the company. To continue evolving our BI capabilities, we seek a passionate, results-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE).
The BIE will partner with Software Developers, Data Engineers, Analysts, Subject Matter Experts and Program Managers to distill large, complicated datasets into automated, digestible reporting deliverables. The ideal candidate has strong business judgment, organization skills, backbone, experience measuring product performance, and collaborates well with product owners to answer key questions. The operating environment is fast paced and dynamic, however has a strong team spirited and welcoming culture. To thrive, you must be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and flexible, in return you will gain tremendous experience with the latest in BI technologies as well as exposure to several functional areas such as retail category management and supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 1+ Years of experience with SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- 1+ Years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning/business planning or advanced degree.
- 1+ Experience developing analytic insights and leveraging analytic tools such as Excel (or similar).
- Effective verbal/written communication skills – ability to articulate insights to stakeholders and senior management and, conversely, translate non-technical
- Effective data visualization skills.
- Self-driven, able to interpret business requirements and deliver on ambiguous projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and concepts.
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly reports/dashboards, while emphasizing data visualization best practices.
- Partner with operations/business teams to consult, develop and implement KPIs, automated reporting/process solutions and data infrastructure improvements to meet business needs.
- Apply analytic skill to extract meaningful insights and learnings from large and complicated data sets.
- Serve as liaison with business and technical teams to achieve project objectives, requiring data gathering, problem solving, modeling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
- Experience in designing and delivering cross-functional custom reporting solutions.
- Experience with a data visualization tool (Tableau, QuickSight, etc).
- Ability to meet deadlines of varying timeframes from urgent ad hoc deliverables to months-long projects with firm due dates.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems, even though the answers might not be readily available or no precedent exists.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.