OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the United States and 200k+ monthly active users in 192 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a full-time Business Intelligence Manager to join our team. The manager will lead a team of highly qualified data specialists responsible for data architecture, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data integration. The manager will collaborate with leaders across business functions in understanding business needs and envision data analytics initiatives that support timely business decisions.
The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. We offer a fun, dynamic, and nurturing environment to contribute, learn, and grow.
What You’ll Do
- Envision and execute data strategy with respect to data warehousing, business intelligence, data integration, operational data store, enterprise data architecture and data quality
- Collaborate with business functions across the organization to understand business needs and define objectives for reporting and data analytics initiatives
- Manage a team of data analysts, ETL developers and BI developers
- Create and maintain a roadmap for strategic data initiatives, keeping management and executive leadership appraised of the progress
- Work with shared resource teams in the areas of business analysis, project management, QA, administration, and support, and integrate the resources into data related projects
- Partner with the data science team on metric identification and definition; assist the team with data sourcing, storage, and automation
- Develop strategies to solve business problems, stemming from data issues, in logical yet creative ways
- Evaluate, select, and leverage tools and technologies to fit business needs
- Coordinate with project management on workflow for the team in Agile sprints
- Set, monitor, and review the goals and objectives (OKRs) for team members
- Work with and leverage analysts from each business function for the purposes of business analysis, requirements gathering, and data stewardship
Qualifications You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience in data management related fields
- 6+ years of experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
- 5+ years of experience managing teams in data management related areas
- Experience with multiple RDBMS platforms, ETL tools and BI tools
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS Proficiency with SQL and procedural DBMS languages
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage delivery and meet deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
Skills That Will Help
- Proficiency with scripting with Python, Perl, or shell
- Experience in data security, master data management and/or data governance a big plus
- Experience in Data Science
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business analytics or related field preferred
What We Offer
- Salary range: $110,000 - $130,000 depending on experience
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities. This position is remote friendly for the right person, but Texas-based candidates are preferred.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.