Category Development Manager
Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As a part of our Business Development team you are responsible for driving growth of Spreetail through sourcing and selling inventory through its entire life cycle.
As a Category Development Manager, you will:
- Develop the consumer product roadmap, identifying assortment opportunities for private label that align with the overall merchandising strategy for assigned categories.
- Strategically plan and execute product strategy from product concept to finished product through partnerships with product development, sourcing, brand and content teams.
- Conduct customer research and translate insights into differentiated product opportunities.
- Develop market requirements document outlining target market, competitive positioning, and list of key product features.
- Be the product expert by understanding the needs of customers as well as having a deep knowledge of the industry.
- Determine product costs and pricing targets based on product specifications.
- Create product specifications based on insights that solve the consumer need and meet costing and pricing targets.
- Define the packaging strategy including required content and costs.
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising and Content team on all product-related content needs to create a differentiated and best-in-class shopping experience.
- Achieve product expansion and margin goals. '
You should have:
- 4+ years of product management experience in consumer goods.
- Full life cycle experience launching products from concept to market.
- Experience sourcing products and building relationships with OEM/ODM companies
- Experience working with international companies & collaborating with cross-cultural differences
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment